Extractors in but...

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
This afternoon I pulled the alternator out and unbolted the AC to see if I could fit race extractors on. as you can see from the picture below there is no clearence between the compress and first down tube.
Also there is no way of fitting the alternator in. I knew this would be a problem from the start, guess I just had to see it for myself.
Im not to bothered about losing the AC as I dont use it anyways. Is there anyway of degasing the system yourself? I have asked around and the few shops are willing to do it are asking ridiculous prices!

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Ah thats a shame mate. They look so close to fitting.

As for releasing the aircon gas... hehe well you can unscrew one of the valves on the aluminium pipes :p But that is illegal.

What is cheaper:

-Non aircon alternator mount and degassing the aircon?

-Extractors being modified to go around aircon compressor and to clear alternator?

The cheaper option of those two is what I'd do.

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
your forgeting the fact that those headers will have been developed for maximum power using pulse timing ect.. now thanks to number 1 cylinder beeing completly out of balabce its most likely not making as much power as it could be if you had have just removed the aircon. most aircon systems arnt even properly charged anyway both the ones i have done had no gas in them the aircon didnt work anyway. it seems a shame you have chopped up a proper race extractor.. :(

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
Yom thanks for the advice I think Im going to take option number 1
-Non aircon alternator mount and degassing the aircon
I like the look of them uncut and as Raceworx said they have been designed that way for maxinmum output.

CMF_Bushido

» CMF Member
Hey Yom do you know if all k11 and hk11 marchs came with powersteering and AC from 93 on? just looking through my march parts catalogue and non ac, alternator brackets are only listed under CG10 92-93?

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
i had a 1993 base spec march, it didnt even have a radio or speakers. but it did have powersteering and aircon as standard. so i think they all came with it. unless as you say there is a 1992 version that didnt.
almost all k11 in uk dont have aircon.

CMF_Raceworx

» CMF Member
all you need is to get is a non aircon altornator bracket.. from a scrap car and your away remove any bits of aircon you want to you can get rid of the lot or just the pump and front pipes. please dont slice it up.. my old blue micra had only 1 3" diamiter silencer in it in replace of the cat i dont think you would get any louder than that thing was i loved it :D

Back