Clearance with Hurricane Extractors

CMF_fuzzy-hair-man

» CMF Member
Not much use to anyone but me but does anyone have a photo (or could take a photo) of the gap in between the sump and gearbox with Hurricane extractors fitted?

I have a spar running though this gap (going into a modified mini subframe) and I want to see if or how much I will need to modify a set of hurricanes to get them to fit. Fortunately the cross member usually on the gearbox side of this gap isn't there so hopefully there's enough room.

Any other suggestions welcome, I'd like to stay with 4-2-1 extractors if possible as the suggestion was these would be better for low to mid range torque.

An old picture of the subframe there's been a fair bit done to it since:
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-PcKL0a3qBVg/UCoy_TLk1SI/AAAAAAAAAYo/vJ2N7w5AGWY/s640/P1000262.JPG

CMF_Rudy

» CMF Member
does this help fuzzy?

Attachments

• 79675.jpg
    79675.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 38

CMF_fuzzy-hair-man

» CMF Member
Perfect! thanks a lot, looks like I'm going to have to move the pipes somewhat to the right as it looks a bit tight, at least the 2 pipes run quite close to each other so it's already reasonably compact.

Thanks Again Rudy!

CMF_fuzzy-hair-man

» CMF Member
Perhaps a picture will explain the bit I'm worried about (well for now anyway)

The Red bit is the one that concerns me, the green bit running across the front of the subframe will be cut out as it needs to clear the gearbox as well as allow the extractors down there.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-.../AAAAAAAAAZM/szjzQNO9NHQ/s640/Subframe1-2.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...BI/AAAAAAAAAZc/9t5f85GQrwI/s640/subframe3.JPG

These are old in progress pictures so there's bits that have been joined up since. I still haven't cut the marked green section out yet though...

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
climberjoel WROTE:

"RTK he is making a subframe to use the cg13de in a mini

Oh okay, I don't see why they like using the CG13? Why not find the BMW head off which ever motorbike it is? For the power

CMF_fuzzy-hair-man

» CMF Member
RTK WROTE:

"climberjoel WROTE:

"RTK he is making a subframe to use the cg13de in a mini"</div>

Oh okay, I don't see why they like using the CG13? Why not find the BMW head off which ever motorbike it is? For the power

CG13 isn't very popular in Australia, (more popular in the UK) the K1100 motor bike head is quite possible but it's a lot of machining and stuffing around because it doesn't all line up that well and the K1100 was built to lay on it's side.

Add to that you still have only 4 gears going through the mini's relatively weak gearbox, and the CG13 is a more reliable package in my opinion, I can work on making more power later if I want to... :)

The unique thing about the CG13 is you don't need to cut the mini body at all, it's the only 4 cylinder I know of where that's possible. That said the subframe has been harder than I expected but it's almost done now.

Back