Exhaust & Extractors

CMF_Urban

» CMF Member
Well when we had the tyres changed on the micra, i ducked around to the exhaust shop and had him have a look at the micra.

He said it's cost roughly $700 for a 2" exhaust system, nd talked about new headers and something about the manifold...

He also said it would be impossible to put extractors on the micra with the air con compressor there...

But his thoughts were that you could possibly put spaces on the mounting to get the compressor away from the motor by about 3/4 inche, or an inche... Which could then possibly allow a custom made extractor to be made to fit... He said by the looks of it you'd only need to buy a longer belt... Has anyone heard of this before?

Also he talked about how pod filters are illegal. :S But he said he could make me the intake system to be detachable so i could just put the old air box back on when it came to rego. Good bloke he is. :) Also he said he could put in my short shifter.

Just wanted some people's thoughts on the extractor problem.

Cameron.

CMF_Polar

» CMF Member
you can get extractors made by molholland that fit k11 with air con. so that design can be copied if you dont want to buy it. also its easy to remove air con and have layout as a non air con k11 so you can fit normal extractors and lose nasty front end weight aswell.

Back