exhaust

S

stevenboron

whats to do im not sure wether to buy the janspeed decat mid and backbox or get a janspeed manifold i cant afford everything so its one or the other just now which will give me the best performance thanks steven

Youl probably need an uprated exhaust if you're going to fit the manifold, so its probably best to get the exhaust components first, unless you wait and buy it all together

Yeah get the catback system first. No point buying the manifold if you have the rest of the restrictive exhaust, if your buying it new anyway.

If you are looking 2nd hand you should be able to find a manifold and catback for the price of a new manifold roughly. If it was 2nd hand you were buying then I would possibly go manifold 1st, depending if you can find one as they dont come up often. Dr Zoidberg is selling one and I think Chie might still have his for sale.

I disagree, surely work from the front to the back and anyway, the manifold is the most restrictive part of the system

i would say manifold and then try make your own de-cat pipe and find a cheap 2nd hand back box to save £££s

the manifold is the most restrictive part of the system, then its the cat back pipe, back box and then finally the cat.

Work from front to back.

Can you stick a standard exhaust to an after market manifold tho? Surely it'l still be too restrictive to get the extra gases out, or too small so it'l leak where the manifold joins the rest of the pipe etc?

also peco back box on here so 120 for the doctors manifold n 80 for the peco back box is 200 which is 20 over a brand new manifold :D

i also agree front to bk :D

Arnold, i tried i few dyno runs with and without a different exhaust system, and the difference was negible, however the results were on different days so the tests can't be trusted, however when myself and ian L had almost the same spec cars.... thats going back..... i had a full system, ian only had the manifold, i had about 2bhp mope, when my first janspeed snapped, and it was replaced with the standard system, it didn't make a big deal, however is was noticable, on a high power k11 though, i would, always work from the front to back, manifold, cat-back, consider de-cat.

also, there would be no leak.

sorry i dont have any 100% proof, but thats my advice

Cheers for that Pete! I can obviously understand the manifold is the most restrictive part, i just wasnt sure if things would connect up ok - but thanks for clearing that up for me.

Back