exhaust

what will the ma12 sound like with a straight through pipe no cat or silencers to a jap style straight through back box? i dont care how loud it is just don't want it to sound rough i.e. stupid :laugh:

lol yeah thats the sort of sound im after thats quiet compared to my old ae92 corolla lol. so im used to it being loud as for the police issue ill just carry a removable baffle round with me

Been there done it, not very nice at all. It buzzes the whole car like you wouldn't believe, realy gives you one hell of a headache. Above everything else it's just really imbarassing coz everyone is looking at you thinking you're driving an old banger, which ain't good for ones' image. The only plus i can think of is that the "rally pops" or burbling when idling down on gear-change is pretty outragous. Bang-gurgle-pop-pop!!! like a blood-thirsty monster. I caused a bunch of teens to duck for cover which was hilarious :laugh: but other than that it's awfull. To get a real nice sound it's best to have a peeko pipe fitted (i think that's how you spell it...) or some other decent sports pipe.

i know what it sounds like when a 2 inch 4-2-1 manifold snaps just after its gone into 1, its mint for about 10 yards, then it makes your whole head buzz, it is good at 70mph on the motorway just slightly de-celerating with the throttle on, oh and decelerating from about 60 then cram it in 2nd and rip the clutch up lol, its more bang bang as apposed to pop pop lol

is there a way to get that rally sound with just the back box. i use my car everyday and want it to be legal but i just love that popping sound.

heres what my k11 sounds like with a straight pipe on. (sounds much better than in the video, im hoping to do a higher quality one)

http://s859.photobucket.com/albums/...a Super S/?action=view&current=PICT0008-1.mp4

PICT0008-2.jpg

im on a budget at the moment and just looking for a back box to start with. is there one you could recommend. i want a high sound like a rally

Eliot, get some underseal on that K11!!!! And as for the rally pop, it's comes standard on all K10s :grinning:
Even with the standard exhaust and backbox on my red K10, both with the 1.0L and the 1.2L engines it would give that burbling pop, it mostly happens when the engine has been held at a particular RPM for about 3secs or more and then allowed to return to idle. Even just 1500rpm is enough to give you a good pop-pop-pop.

To make it happen, accelarate nice and steady through your gear and when you get to the revs where you want to change gear, stop accelarating and just hold it right there at those revs/speed for just a few seconds and then change. You need to change gear nice and steady so that the engine has time to idle down enough to pop.
That method works for me, i can get a rally pop on every gear change if i want, and the best bit is you dont need to rev the nuts off the engine to do it. (Y)

Back