Exhaust Issues

Ive recently brought a K11 and have noticed a strange rattling noise (like small stones rattling in the exhaust pipe) coming from underneath the car, when i driving along. Today i got underneath the car to investigate. I noticed that the front of the exhaust pipe has small holes in it for some reason. So i think that some shingle has flicked up from the tyres and some how got into the holes of the pipe and is rattling around.

Has anyone else experienced this with there K11?

and if so how did they remove the shingle/small stones from the exhaust pipe?

thanks.

it is usually the heat sheild around the frontpipe jus get sum cutters nd rip it off u dont need it. 9 times out of 10 its tht.

Thats what I though it was as well. However it turns out the front cat converter is screwed and is partially blocking up the main under-cat cat converter. (for me anyway)

There was like sandy little stone things in the exhaust. I cleared them out, but they came back about 2000km later so I guess I need to 'operate' on my main cat converter...

under the car, on the front section of the exhuast, from the downpipe back over to the secondary cat.

Retepetsir said:
I just used some U-bolts to clamp the heat shield, that stopped it for me :)

I assume that this is a problem on alot of k11s then. Did the noise resemble small stones shaking around in the exhaust pipe?

Swallow said:
I assume that this is a problem on alot of k11s then. Did the noise resemble small stones shaking around in the exhaust pipe?

Yep, only really been happening the last year or so, and just when its idling once warmed up, its rather annoying!

i've got the same problem!! and i've already removed the heatshield but same as above i cant be bothered. just turn the system up and keep driving:laugh:. but do let us know if you find a solution

well i found out the problem and it wasn't the heat shield. It was actually bits of the metal from the exhaust that were rattiling around in the front section of the pipe.

jacked the car up, levered open the pipe just before the heat shield with a flat headed screw driver and flicked the metal and stones out with the screwdriver. Its only a 5 minute job.

Back