Exhaust Replacement time...

Hello guys.
It seems that my downpipe has snapped just before the second cat on my 1.0l and the rattling and blowing is starting to annoy me, not to mention that my MOT is soon!
Anyways, I'm going to need to replace the downpipe, and it just happens that I have a spare Peter Lloyd downpipe from the rally car :rolleyes: I was just wondering how restrictive the middle pipe and backbox actually are? Would a Frankspeed Manifold and Peter Lloyd downpipe be worth it if the rest of the system is standard?
The other option is to buy a Peter Lloyd System, but I'd prefer ask before I spend some dosh that I don't have:p

frank speed manifold with a full peter Lloyd system has done a good bit for my car feels quicker that's for sure, yet to get it dyno'd as Im a bit skint but once I get it done ill be able to say what that set up has over standard

Its worth noting that you can free up some power by reducing the number of bends in your system. A baffled backbox for example might have a constant cross sectional are for the gases to flow through the whole way through, but by convoluting the path you are causing the gases to have to keep changing direction. This requires force which is more work done by the engine eh

Its worth noting that you can free up some power by reducing the number of bends in your system. A baffled backbox for example might have a constant cross sectional are for the gases to flow through the whole way through, but by convoluting the path you are causing the gases to have to keep changing direction. This requires force which is more work done by the engine eh

I do have a Peter Lloyd backbox somewhere but it's been cut so maybe with the help of a welder(don't have one yet!) I can get that on too! It's the middle pipe that's the problem, that still on the rally car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back