Rusting issues

Hiya,

I'm new to this forum so if anything isn't meant to be posted on this please give me a heads up.

I've got a K11 2000 with 121k miles on the clock but still going strong for now, just got it back from a road trip in Europe.

My issue is, mechanics on the car are sound, but the rust is slowly destroying it. My cross member has rusted to the point of two holes and my garage said it'll fail this year on MOT - it was too far gone last year for even a patch up job. I've seen cross member parts for like £20 on ebay, so wondering if anyone has an idea of the price I could be looking for, for this sort of work? Garage quoted me £80 but now they're retired. :(

Also Today, I was having a look at the sills under the car to check they were draining water correctly, one side is perfectly intac - the other covered in rust - got my hands into it to see how deep the rust has got gone through the metal - ANOTHER SMALL WHOLE :(

So i'm looking at a sill replacement and a cross member over the summer. Does anyone know how much i'd be looking for labour on this before i approach garages and purchase parts? Very sad to let it go as despite rust is very reliable car.

Back