Water disappearing?

Burfy

Ex. Club Member
Ok, so everyone knows that the k10 never came with a reservoir right? Well of course I made one for mine so I didn't have to top the stupid thing up every week. That worked out well for a month or so, but now I'm finding that my water is disappearing into thin air o_O It's not going into my reservoir, and it's not leaking onto the ground. I have noticed that my exhaust has smelled terrible lately, and I've actually had the engine try to turn over, but instead of doing a full rotation, it stops half way and does nothing... Basically I have to rock it back and forth (the starter) and give it a bit of gas in order for it to catch. Hydro-lock perhaps? Either way... Whenever I'm idling I occasionally hear random pops and hisses, almost like steam releasing.. I'm getting my timing belt and water pump changed in a week or so.. Could it be a gasket? I've got myself a brand new rad, so it's not that and the hoses are in fine condition.. Thanks in advance..

Ok, so everyone knows that the k10 never came with a reservoir right?

Wrong! Lots of them came with a reservoir as standard.

Maybe you have a gasket problem at the bottom of the carb. Water is used to heat it up, but could possibly get into your inlet if the gasket needs replacing.

My K10 super has a resevoir as stock.

Have you looked at your oil recently? If it's gone milky in colour it could be a head gasket. If so you are likely to be able to see stains on the block where the gasket has been breached.

Perhaps a slight crack in the block, or something as small as a rotten core plug.

What does the smell smell like by the way? When coolant leaks onto a hot surface it is often described as having a 'sweet' smell.

Back