Exhaust and Fuel Pressure

I have an 01 K11c. I'm looking at giving it a bit more grunt. Nothing major; just airbox mods and an exhaust.

Now my worry is running too lean. If I was to fit a GA16 airbox, panel filter and get a free-er flowing exhaust, would I have to fit something like an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to stop it going too lean and too hot?

Secondly what are my exhaust options whilst keeping it 'legal'?. It's my daily driver so I'm not looking for something too extreme. The cat is built into the manifold isn't it, so is my only option a Frankspeed one? Also can you get the mid pipes for the K11c (Not seen any around, just ones to fit the 98-00 models) and can anyone recommend a non-obnoxious back box? One that isn't all BRAP CHAV BRAP MANDEM. :rolleyes:

Cheers guys!

I have an 01 K11c. I'm looking at giving it a bit more grunt. Nothing major; just airbox mods and an exhaust.

Now my worry is running too lean. If I was to fit a GA16 airbox, panel filter and get a free-er flowing exhaust, would I have to fit something like an adjustable fuel pressure regulator to stop it going too lean and too hot?

nothing to worry about

Secondly what are my exhaust options whilst keeping it 'legal'?. It's my daily driver so I'm not looking for something too extreme. The cat is built into the manifold isn't it, so is my only option a Frankspeed one? Also can you get the mid pipes for the K11c (Not seen any around, just ones to fit the 98-00 models) and can anyone recommend a non-obnoxious back box? One that isn't all BRAP CHAV BRAP MANDEM. :rolleyes:

is it just a backbox you're after, or complete system?
Cheers guys!

Ideally I'd like a complete system, but will I be able to use something like a janspeed mani with a cat, or will putting on an aftermarket mani cut the cat out?

you can use the sportex system peter lloyd sells, janspeed will remove the cat

Cheers, the Peter Lloyd system looks decent and well priced too! So I basically have no options to have a higher flowing the manifold whilst keeping the cat? That's a bit of a shame.

your coilpack model has a different mani/cat/downpipe bonner, some members have fitted the earlier type mani and 1st cat, and lloyd system

your coilpack model has a different mani/cat/downpipe bonner, some members have fitted the earlier type mani and 1st cat, and lloyd system

Ahh lovely, that's just what I needed to know. You're a saint Frank!

So I can basically get something like a Janspeed mani, a cat from a facelift or prefacelift model and a Peter Lloyd system and it'll all go together fine? Will the lambda sensor fit in an aftermarket mani, or will I have to drill and thread a hole for it myself? Also what's the best aftermarket manifold to go for?

you would need a stock or modded pre-coilpack mani/1st cat combo bonner, or one of these cube mani,s :)

mani.jpg
P19.jpg
cube mani.jpg

That's some fancy fab work. Very neat too. Sorry I'm being a bit slow on the uptake here, I'm just trying to get a hold of what I actually need so I can price things up.

So a modified pre-coilpack manifold and standard pre-coilpack cat is the only way to go for a more free flowing manifold. I was under the impression from reading some post or other on here that some aftermarket manifolds would bolt on to the standard pre-coilpack cat, but I must've been wrong. That's where my confusion comes from!

Cheers for your patience Frank!

not sure if you have already done this :) but I am currently running a frankspeed coilpack mani, Standard 1st cat then the peter Lloyd rallying system :)

aye joe :) the cube alpha had 10:1 c/r, a 236 deg/8.3mm wilder inlet cam, a milder than stock exh cam, and a different map no doubt.
so its pretty easy to surpass that eh
So what ratio does the 1.3 with flat tops come out at? My engine's half out to do it already lol.
Also i guess maybe not the best thread to ask on but is there anywhere does better cams that dont need lots of shim fiddling?

Back