IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

IMAG0197.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0210.jpg

IMAG0211.jpg

Thanks matey.

Its still running a bit sluggish, just got to get my head around the fueling before i drive it properly.

The collins motorsport dump valve is rather loud tho haha

Update.

Welded in a small silencer in the center and now has a lovely deep noise and has got rid of the nasty rasp that straight through exhausts have. Still pops and bangs and has the very occasional flame on boost lift off! :)

Refitted the boost gauge and realised that 9psi is a bit much i think. Didnt realise it was that high!

Turned the boost down for now. haha

Well the almera seats are almost a straight swap, the bases are a little bit wider than the micra ones so would need a little bit of cutting and shaping but should fit.

I fitted the skinner Almera leather steering wheel which feels million times better than the fat old micra steering wheel... that was pretty much a straight swap too.

Even took the missus to tesco in it. :)

Its all in the timing... Expect it to die soon if you don't pay attention to that.

Care to elaborate matey? The timing has been retarded and cooler plugs have been fitted.

ok that will help, just get det cans on it to be sure. Use grade 7 plugs if you have not already.

rob have you been flooring it and reaching full boost? ive been turbo'd for 4 months now and have never stuck that pedal to the floor lol as far as ive seen ive had it up to 3psi and it pulls brilliant at that keeping it less than half throttle and in a safe AFR zone

I have floored it in 1st/2nd/3rd gears and have been maintaining about 11.5 to 12.5 AFR under boost. After that it goes into closed loop which ill be bypassing at the weekend.

But yeah i've been getting full boost and flooring it... why have you stayed so long off boost?

Love the work thus far would so love an SR20DE+T running low boost in a K11. This is an epic bios that has me considering boost I'm the current 1.3 lump.

Sent from my  iPhone® using Tapatalk

I have floored it in 1st/2nd/3rd gears and have been maintaining about 11.5 to 12.5 AFR under boost. After that it goes into closed loop which ill be bypassing at the weekend.

But yeah i've been getting full boost and flooring it... why have you stayed so long off boost?

Because my AFR's go nuts! I just wont risk anything this time round, should be done for JAE :)

Really?? mine are really steady and consistant in the lower gears.

Im tempted to come the JAE :)

Loads, Still have loads of bits to go on.

Suspension, Almera front brakes, 7x 15 steels.

Then for the future a stonger clutch with lightened flyhweel and more boost!

Up for sale :(

Got promoted and my daily mileage is going to double to 90 miles a day so time to get a motorway cruiser

Keeping it BTW so here is a bit of an update.

Had to sort out the fan, the down pipe was so close its started melting the fan cowling.

So out with the old and in with the new.

Old VS new
IMAG0158_zps42539009.jpg

IMAG0160_zps18ccd618.jpg

All swapped and wired in and very quiet when fan is on but does force some are through!

IMAG0162_zps9565fe5d.jpg

Will i was at it i rerouted the dump valve hose as was rubbing on dizzy cap.

IMAG0163_zps4d4baf94.jpg

haha speedo wars!

Hehe, not really. I just remember taking a photo of my speedo ages ago and your photo was almost exactly the same ;)

The older K11 speedos wont go any higher though as the needle rests on the trip reset. I was thinking about changing speedos but a decent tacho and shift light is far more appropriate on a circuit car, so the oem item will stay there for MOT compliance.

Back