Engines

richarda

Ex. Club Member
right, ive got a 1.3 engine atm with a 140,000ish miles. im thinking of getting a turbo conversion done on it but with the millage that high on this engine would i be better off getting a new 1.3 engine with low millage?

if so what 1.3 engine would be best to get? also what upgrades would be recommended to get for the 1.3 engine before getting the turbo converson done so i could run the turbo at a higher boost without blowing anything

any suggestions would be great

richard

i'd do a full rebuild on that one, personally, following the haynes as a guide, then i would speak to ed about his pistons and con-rods

ive got a haynes book somewhere around here so ill have a look at it and see what needs doing.

thanks for moving the post

Get another engine Rich. U don't know how much abuse your engine took before you had it. And i would say engine wear can't be mended, even after a re-build! Better safe than sorry. :)

yeah tahts what i was thinking em, its a old engine and dunno the service hisory on it as it was from a 1994 lx micra that was written off (side hit)

the swap over shouldnt take long as its a stright forward swap over

Full rebuild is recommend on any engine prior to turbo. Everything should be tested anyway, so testing tolarances first may save you having to buy another enging.

Sticking feeler blades in gaps basically.

A CG13 can be bought for £100, if you're gonna do a turbo, it seems silly to save a mere £100 here, when it will be the weakest part of the conversion.

Get another engine Rich. U don't know how much abuse your engine took before you had it. And i would say engine wear can't be mended, even after a re-build! Better safe than sorry. :)

engines are designed so that wear can be fixed to a certain degree, like having softer metal on the bearings than the crank etc,

personally, i'd buy another engine so that the car's not off road whilst the re-build is in progress. like ed say's a re-build is recommended on any engine before turboing it.

Back