ignition leads

richarda

Ex. Club Member
i want to give my 1.3 engine a service as it aint been done in a few years.

plugs
oil
oil filter
ignition leads
breaks

with the ignition leads they aint been changed since its been built, are they worth changing at all?? if so what leads would you reccommend? looked on ebay and you can get performance ones off there for about £65 notes

any links to your recommend leads would be great

thanks

richard

i think the leads will be ok, no point in wasting money on somthing you dont need ;) if it was my car id just do:
plugs
oil
filters (oil filter, fuel filter and polen filter
cheak the pads and discs (if worn replace lol)

hope this helps slightly.

depends on how many years...

3-4 and Id be looking at renewing transmission fluid too as well as brake fluid etc. Your pads might just need changing...
other things... tyre pressure, lights / electricals... wiper blades...

Got to change your oil at least every year... yesterday a guy on my road: his valves have packed in, the breather pipes are all blocked and so is the air filter... so he is now having to fork out for new valves... all because he didnt service it for 3 years! Heavy price to pay eh.

Ignition leads usu. last up to 50-60k so just give them a clean if need be... I check and clean them every time I change the spark plugs... I don't know what the Haynes Manual advises as the change interval but I am guessing 4 years.

Tyre pressure should be checked regurarly, like every month at least!!

I think i'm going to go over my engine soon, and esp look at the break pads as i don't think they're that good!!

As for performance leads. Do they actually make a diff?

Tyre pressure should be checked regurarly, like every month at least!!

I think i'm going to go over my engine soon, and esp look at the break pads as i don't think they're that good!!

no performance leads do not make any diffrnace what so ever lol, they will only make your car run like it did when it leaft the factory. so it will put it up to standrad bhp. its just to make money by saying they make your car go faster :p p.s cheak the wheel nuts are tight aswell lol.

Yes and no for instance you cant use an uprated coil with standard leads as the resistance is too high, performance leads offer a lower resistance which "can" offer a performance increase on standard although its highly unlikely as the manufacturer calulates the most efficient leads required and its possible they can actually decrease performance.

They wont make your car run like it left the factory as you have to take in to account engine wear which decreases power as well as other factors.
One last thing is that like coloured silicone hoses good makes are more durable than standard and can look purty!

Sorry for gramma and spelling, im not well.

Back