Engine weight

wehey

Ex. Club Member
Hiya all
I am thinking about getting a 1.3 engine to fit into my Micra. I plan to strip it and clean it etc over the winter.

I don't have an engine hoist and will need to move it about and get it into the back garden to work on.
How much do they weigh approx and are the manhandle able?

i never use a hoist wehey, you will need the front bumper off tho, and i use a wheelbarrow to shift it round the back garden :)

Thanks Frank. Are you able to lift it off the ground and into the barrow single handed?

How do you lift it over the lower cross member or do you jack the car up real high and slide it under?

i usually tip the wheelbarrow on its side mate, then tilt it back up, and just jack the sump up a bit then slide it over the crossmember (shafts and starter motor in situ)

Took me and a mate to lift it out of the back of my car into my garage and that was a struggle :L
pfft :D

68848.jpg

an early 1.0 g/box is 35kg iirc, a CG would be 2 x that surely ?

stani,s mate was the 1st one to post a similar pic ade :), i forget his username to search it tho :(
Just playing frank ;) Unfortunately there was no one there to photograph/video when I carried mine 30 yards from car to house :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4

A few numbers:

Sump. 3kg
Pistons etc. 11kg
Bloc. 18kg
Crank. 10kg
Cylinder head. 13kg
Cams. 4kg
Valves etc. 2kg
Inlet & tbh. ?
Flywheel. ?

Not sure on the last two but that's 61 @Karl u wernt far off fella

Either way they're not heavy :p lugged mine from the car, into the house and upstairs into my room with the flywheel still on by myself. Even complete assembly with ancillaries, gearbox and lower crossmember is only a 2 man job tried and tested :).
Though I thought the cg was nearer 50kg until now

Back