engine trouble

hi i'm just wondering if anybody could help. i have a 1.0 k11 normally it runs and idles great but today i took it out and was abit heavy with my right foot. now i have noticed it doesn't idle properly and when i'm drivin i can have my foot to the floor and it accelerates really slowly then it will just suddenly pick up and accelerate like normal. now i'm just worried i have done some damage to the engine when i was been abit rough with it earlier today. has anybody got any idea what i might have done to it?

andy750

if its not making nasty noises, i doubt you,ve damaged it
i would take the plugs out and check their colour

andy750

even if they were brand new it can be useful for diagnosing a problem
how long does it hesitate before clearing btw

i will pull off put my foot to the floor and nothing happens for about 3 seconds maybe longer, then when i'm driving along it will just loose power then suddenly pick up again. when it idles it nearly cuts out then revs it's self back up and drops down again and so on. also i have noticed that the engine is using alot of water but not leaking any.

how much could it cost to get the throttle body sorted.

this is the first time i have had trouble with it and i dunno if this has anything to do with it but there was a burning smell from the engine earlier

about £70 for a used TB.

Frank: It's a very very common prob with K11's i've had 2 with them, and replaced them on a few other K11's

You can open the side cover and re-solder the 3 connections on the right.

alienfish360

yea i know, mine does it if i run on petrol, but mine does,nt hesitate for 3+ secs tho, so i dunno ?

Back