Engine trouble

CMF_Sergi

» CMF Member
Hi to all, this is my first post, but i've been reading you for a time 'til I finally decided to register me.

I've got a problem with my K11_CG13 hope you can help me to end with him.
I bought it for my wife (race girl :) with the engine blown. The prev owner told me that it lasted 1 week after the dealer revision from it came out with bad TB symptoms. finally the chain brocked.
I changed the engine for a used one, and only conserved the TB, distributor and O2 sens.

It had the same rough iddle, stalls on red and dead spots thru all the throttle. Lack of power specially on hills.
I've done the resoldering thing (nothing seemed bad there, but) and the stalls gone.
All other symptoms remain. The engine drop the revs to near 500 when hot, and TPS and distro adjustements seems to have no effect. Curious that when I switch lights (position) on the revs fixes to 750 aprox.

The mass air flow sensor seems to work ok, so when I blow though the TB (Air case out) the engine stalls.

Please, can anyone post me the procedure on setting the TPS? as I don't have a haynes for this and i suspect the TPS is very disadjusted for now.

Anyone can give me advice on how to fix this problem? I'm already out of ideas and very confused.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Hi Sergi.

Have you checked all the vacuum pipes? Make sure none of these are leaking or split or cracked. If one of these are cracked it could cause the idle problem you're suffering.

Other things you should try:

-Throttle body cleaner.
-Swap the injector rail over from the old engine. Your replacement engine could have clogged injectors.

Other than that I think you are heading in the right direction with the TPS adjustment. Sorry i cannot help you with the procedure for this. There is also an idle screw on the side of the TB - your idle sounds like it will need adjusting.

CMF_Sergi

» CMF Member
Thanks Yom, After reading your reply I checked all the pipes and found all OK. After that I swapped the injector rails as you stated and realized that the two were different, at least when it comes to the fuel regulator, as I had to swap also its vacuum pipe. I also re-done the resoldering thing and cleaned the TB and moved the TPS to a mark that seemed to me the original position.

I delayed several days to post back to be sure that the car is now working correcty :) Iddle is fine, more power... the distro seems disadjusted as it has a little cold start and gas time reaction issues, but it changes as i move the distro.

Thax again.

CMF_Sergi

» CMF Member
After one week and a half the engine is doing back all the same **** that was before I repaired the TB and swapped the inyector rail. It seems to be even worse than before.

I'll take this "car" soon to the wreckers, sure.

CMF_Yom

» CMF Member
Have you got a spare distributor you can try?

They do weird things when they get old.

Attachments

• 20766.jpg
    20766.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 42

CMF_Sergi

» CMF Member
Sorry Yorn for the big delay, had been working in my Wrangler. (engine transplant +200HP,auto :) )

The micra is still working bad and the last 2 weeks started pingind so bad. Today i dismantled the distro and cleaned the contacts that where sulphated. The spark plugs revealed a slight lean condition, 3rd cyl with little oil in and 4rt cyl with marks on the plug probably pointing the detonation.

The power returned with the injector rail swap, the engine dying quitted with the TB resoldering, but still has a very low iddle when hot (not enough for lubrication), and a very rough takeoff from the reds (almost dying if you're not careful with cluth and gas).

I retarded the ignition. Tomorrow I'll test it and after, remove the auto starter (ugly and hidrolic) motor.
And after I'll take a look at the fuel lines and pump and probably swap that pump with the spare one of my 4.0L inline six (faultless) Don't know if its a good idea JAJA ;)

Back