Bigger Engine..

To Msc,

i own a nissan micra k11 on a 1993, My 1.0 has been looked after from 2 lady owners from new, to a 18 year old lad, but um the engine is lettin me dwn, i wont somefink a little quicker with out spendin loads of money. iv been lookin around on ebay and im thinking about puttin a 1.4 almera lump in, what has to be changed with the mod, do i need custom drive shafts, engine mouths, do i have to cut anyfink, or change the wiring loom,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NISSAN-ALMERA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5ad67f54a7

Thanks for your help,

theres not much difference in the 1.3 and the 1.4. i think the 1.4 is actully slower with 72bhp and the 1.3 has 75bhp. so i think the 1.3 would be a better choice will fit straight in and keep the 1.0 gearbox should be a straight swap and with the £100 quid you save get some high lift cams and some new jets and air box from the ga16 (almera) as for the loom ecu etc, what you have will work. i will be doing this myself in the next couple of months so will keep all posted on my progress and make a guide also, i hope to get it in within 2 days.

if i connected my 1.0 gearbox on to the 1.3 would it restrict it atall, and where would i get the high ligt cams and jets from, and thanks for the quick replays Thanks,

the 1.0 box with the 1.3 engine will make it accelerate fast but wont be as good on top end and see matt humphries MPH on here or google his website

that almera engine has the same g/box, has more power than a 1.3 and is very undersquare (bore/stroke) so would make an excellant n/a screamer,
but they,re pretty heavy tho :eek:

Cast iron block innit? Considering the work and extra weight you'd have to go through to get a 1.4 in there, for very minimal power gains (although far greater modding capaility) it's not worth if over a 1.3.

i just put a 1.3 in my 1.0 and put a janspeed manifold on and it makes a big differance, im running my 1.0 box and ecu at the moment and it all works fine! :)

i dont know exactly... i would imagine top speed is about the same... will cruze nicely at about 80mph but acceleration and pull up hills is like 3 time better! :)

Back