Engine swap ideas

Anyone know if the k12 engines would fit into my humble k11c micra?
Looking for a but more power but its impossible to find a 1.3 k11 engine here in ireland.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I might be wrong but the k12 are renault engines arent they? So i would presume a differnt gearbox and mountings also

Last edited:
No not really, you can take all the harness / ecu etc from the almera along with the engine and box, strip down the micra and line it all up.
From what I recall - you only have to modify two mounts (one for gearbox and one for the engine) - im sure it was just 2 mounts that needed altering, maybe they all did tho - cant remember but in all fairness, its not that hard to sort the mounts - there the least of the problems.

Rest of issues lie with migrating all your harness and immobiliser from the Almera engine, also - to make life easier - you could possible take out the engine box etc and front suspension, hubs, brakes etc and mate it all upto the micra.

What would be awesome would be a SR20DET or 1.6 VVL Turbo engine :) - they all fit, the SR20DET a bit trickier but you can make your own SR20DET from a almera 2.0 gti and port the head, fit the DET turbo etc - just like Dave Bull did in his little bandit :)

What year almera do ya get the engine out of?

You can get the engine from the Almera n15 2.0GTi or the Primera eGT or ZX.
P10 Primera eGT and ZX had the SR20DE High port head and the P11 Primera eGT and ZX had the SR20DE low port head IIRC... i stand to be corrected tho.

Have a good old read up on the "Little Bandit Micra" built by Dave Bull many years back... that was a beast built up from a SR20DE converted low port head (to a high port head IIRC) and the bits to turbo it so in essence you have a SR20DET.

Back