Engine refusing to start, ECU?

Hi there folks,
I have a Nissan pao but I have put a k11 engine in her. It was all running smoothly until I took her of the road to some welding, I finished to work dropped her back down and she refuses to start. I have a spark and fuel is all good I have checked everything I can think of with the Nissan service manual I bought but the engine still just turns over without kicking in to life. It seems to be pointing me to the ECU but I just wondered if there was any way of being certain apart from the little red led in self diagnostic mode, or to maybe bypass it? Also is there anyone on here that might have the same ECU to sell? (I have the parts numbers.)
Any ideas will be greatly appreciated.
Hope you can all help.
James.

Are you sure it's not flooding? Can you smell fuel? It's a common problem with the K11.
Pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it over and hope it's something simple like this

Are you sure it's not flooding? Can you smell fuel? It's a common problem with the K11.
Pull the fuel pump fuse and crank it over and hope it's something simple like this

I have this problem when I start the engine and do a very small distance (10 meters after washing the car)
This morning I had the problem again :(

Hey there @frank and @wehey I have tried disconnecting the fuel pump and also putting a small amount of fuel in the throttle body but nothing, it just continues to turn over. as for the ecu i'm not sure if its pre nats or not.
I'll attach a pic.
IMG_20151025_094842274_HDR.jpg

It was swap was done by fusion who i believe are on here.

ahh, the transplant that ed did, if its not firing with a drop of petrol then i doubt its a nats issue, welding voltage spike maybe ?

ahh, the transplant that ed did, if its not firing with a drop of petrol then i doubt its a nats issue, welding voltage spike maybe ?
It is indeed the one and the same. To be fair that was one of my first original thoughts after I had tested all the other things, I'm guessing that ECU is knackard then it looked like Ed had modded it so I may well have to get him in again.

Back