Ecu?

george

Ex. Club Member
i have just put a 1.3 engine in my 1.0 used the 1.0 gearbox and ecu (1.0 engine is for sale by the way!)... every so often the engine kind of misses a beat (not bad) so i thought i would try putting a 1.3 ecu in to see if it cured it but the car wouldn't start and the 'check' light on the dash flashed so i presume that means i need to get my key linked with that ecu?? and could the 1.0 ecu be the cause of the stutter? cheers

mine,s still got the 1.0 ecu in george with no probs, there are a few different types tho (non-nats, nats)

mines the nats one... its not bad its just every so often it will miss a beat or you will put your foot down and it just stutters for a split second befor it goes... does yours run smoothly?

mines the nats one... its not bad its just every so often it will miss a beat or you will put your foot down and it just stutters for a split second befor it goes... does yours run smoothly?
Any chance this is something non ECU-related? My 1l hesitates for just a fraction of a second when pulling away from lights now and again (usually only if I give it a sudden jolt of throttle, i.e. I wasn't paying attention and suddenly there's a huge gap in front of me :laugh:) - it's kind of the car equivalent of someone going "a- eh- wha?" when asked a confusing question :grinning:

(Mine's the CVT autobox though, so it might be just that hitting the throttle too hard from a stop causes the electro clutch to lock up with the stationary drivetrain and pull the engine RPM back down suddenly)

engine has done 35k car has done 59k, i do have the throttle body off my 1.0 engine so i might try that on it...

make sure youve got everything plugged in and all pipes connected. engine change is a big job and who ever did it could have missed something out.

me and my dad did it and we gave it a good check over when we had finnished to make sure everything was back togeher, ive been running it for about 3 weeks since we did it and everything seems to be fine apart from that occasionally... :S

Back