Engine noise

apparently the noise is the tensioner behind the inspection cover, can you get just the tensioner as the motor runs great just with the noise. are they easy to change?,
Sounds daft but have enjoyed working on my k11.

Frank, if the timing chain rattles a little, would it be down to the tensioner that would need adjusting or replaced? Or if not then what would need changing?

Cheers

J

I'm not frank but if I can help I wil
Adjust tensioner first to see if that solves your issue. If not replace it. If you still have the issue new chain

I'm not frank but if I can help I wil
Adjust tensioner first to see if that solves your issue. If not replace it. If you still have the issue new chain

Lol, i know your not frank! ;) I was asking frank this question BUT if you can help answer that would be helpful for all to see who may have a similar problem etc!!

Also if it needs new chain, are they expensive and also changing the chain is it a big job?

Cheers

J

New chain kit is £150ish off eBay and changing it yourself shouldn't be too difficult but for ease the engine is best out of the car

New chain kit is £150ish off eBay and changing it yourself shouldn't be too difficult but for ease the engine is best out of the car

Thanks for that karl, also someone did mention a while back something about the cylinder head needs to come off to do the crank chain! Is that true?

J

Thanks for that karl, also someone did mention a while back something about the cylinder head needs to come off to do the crank chain! Is that true?

J

Sump off iirc.

apparently the noise is the tensioner behind the inspection cover, can you get just the tensioner as the motor runs great just with the noise. are they easy to change?,
Sounds daft but have enjoyed working on my k11.

Might be worth getting the cover off and doing a visual inspection :)

J

The head doesnt need to come off just both chain covers. But i recommend doing it engine out as if your not used to this sorta stuff youve more chance ****ing it up in car

Back