Engine Mods

V

VladCFC

Looking at purchasing a 1.3 Sport model Micra what are some nice Enginemods to get a bit more of a kick i was thinking. Ecotek and K&N 57I induction. Chip. Bout all i could think at the present. As am not a fan of body styling like the subtle stuff ( nice set of 5spke lowered bout it) i rather put money into engine and a nice sound system. So anyone with advice it will be greatefuyll

ECO tec is a pile of crap mate dont waste cash on that.. 57i is okay but people have had better resultsusing a panal filter.. if i were you id get a 1.6 airbox and K&N panal filter from a primera. with a cold air duct into it.. the next thing you need is a manifold youll get nowhere else without changing that as its the most restrictive part on the car.. then a full 2" exhaust system. follow this with an FSE boost valve and a piggy back and youll have what i would call stage 1 sorted..

Cheers
Ian

a piggy back is the tearm used for a fuel/ignitian controller that doesnt re-place the whole ECU it mearly modifies the signals sent from the standard one.. the E-manage, S-AFC, ect ect are all piggy backs
They can only controll a certain amount of things but are okay for fine tunning when you have relitivly small mods, anything more would require somthing abit more powerfull, like a full standalone unit such as an AEM, Apexi power FC, or the like..

as said full exhaust system and then panel filter. maybe leave the piggyback unless more is planned...

after that go higher lift cams, lightened flywheel and the remap ecu.

:)

Argh i see your from round me. If all things go well i should have an SR in a mnth or two got to repair my 206 have to meet up and let you show me whats what

Back