Engine Management

CMF_Meeecra

» CMF Member
I'll start off by saying I did do a search but still have some queries in regards to what the general consensus is on the best piggyback management. I was looking at a greddy emanage which comes with the fuel and ignition harnesses for 380 off eBay or an safc 2 which I have seen a few of floating around for about the 200-250 mark.

My car runs a ga15 throttle body and injectors I was leaning towards the emanage as it seems to have a bit more functionality when coupled with the harnesses, also who have people used to tune there motors I'm from Wollongong so was thinking southern motor works but if anyone has suggestions for someone in Sydney I don't mind driving a couple of hours to get it tuned, cheers in advance.

So far this forum seems much friendlier then some of the larger ones glad to be a part of the micra community!

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Are you going down any performance mods, ie; turbo or hi-comp NA?
If not no need to piggy but unless you go Nistune

CMF_Tyrie

» CMF Member
nistune is a daughter board that you solder into your ecu so that you can tune the standard ecu. I had one in my sr20det 1600, only cost $300, was great! May need to swap some pins on ecu plug or something to make it work?

CMF_RTK

» CMF Member
Pretty much what tyrie said, it's a sister board, google it, and then just need a mild tune (I think) there will be a place that deal with them

CMF_Meeecra

» CMF Member
The nistune isnt a direct fit for our micras, I haven't seen any1 use it for a prefacelift model. If I get a type 4 board I may grab an ecu from the wreckers and try rearranging some pins. Don't really wanna mess around with my ecu too much.

CMF_kovert.k11

» CMF Member
i can't help but think ur approaching this the arse-ended way 'ay... work out what degree of management and control u want, then decide upon what ecu to go with....but even before making a call on an ecu or piggyback system, find out what your local tuners can work with - no good getting a setup that no kent can tune...

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
a nistune board + fitment + mapping is a hell of an outlay for minor mods, and then to have problems passing emissions (going by paul,s experience).
they,re more suited to the diy modder imo.
rising rate fuel reg FTmofoW :D

Back