Engine help :(

Hi guys back for more help . Bought a micra today and it ran pretty ok in the test drive so i got it. stopped on the way home to get petrol. on coming out of the station i could smell petrol a bit but not much and about a minute up the road the check engine light came on. got it home ok and i let it idle for a while and it nearly cut out just once. would appreciate if anybody could point me to a common problem? I had driven it for about half an hour before stopping for petrol and it ran perfectly. i am 99% sure it wasent diesel i put in.

Do the search for throttle body and idle valve servicing. fuel filler pipe also rusts easy job also....start on the easy free things first. what year car?

searching for face lift micras with the same problem on here will save you time and money.
unplug the map sensor on the throttle body when the problem occurs agian and see if that helps.

Is there any cheap basic diagnostic eqiupment around or will i have to bring it to a garage or buy a really expensive one to find the code?

Hello r-reg. Yes I did that, and fixed the problem immediately.
It made it idle a bit low very occasionally, but always sorted itself out, and ran fine for over a year like that before I gave her away.
Never put it back on the TB.
When my engine warning light came on, I took the bulb out, fixed it immediately LOL
My Suzuki van has run with the warning light on for nearly 8 years now, and she's sweet as a nut.

Back