engine damage maybe?

last night i was driving home when on popped the oil light, luckily i was right next to a petrol station so i quickly drove into there, turned off the engine. dipstick was dry. got some more oil from the petrol station, it was 15w 40, not the 10w 40 thats ment be used but it was only ment to get me home, just over a mile. as soon as i started the engine the oil went all over the floor and the engine made some awful sounds.turned it off, rang the AA, got me on the truck, this morning i had a check and discovered that the oil filter seal had melted, thats
right melted, took it back to the shop i got it from, just over 2 weeks back, he said i wasnt the first to bring one back. anyway car runs ok now with oil but its kicking some right smoke out of the back, could it running for a few seconds with no oil damage the piston rings and cause the smoke or is it because i when i filled it up i accidently mixed semi-synethic with synethic?

also dont buy cheap oil filters that have a japanese name

owch... Sounds like the same thing thats happened to richies, either the rings or valve stem oil seals have gone. If its the seals they can be replaced but its an arse, and rings will be very expensive to do. To me it possibly sounds like your engine is buggered :(

Does it smoke ALL the time? And get worse at higher revs? Cos if so it could be :(

Yeah when the oil light comes on its never a good sign!!! Even if you do top the oil up afterwards... I found out the hard way. :(

see if you can claim for a new engine or a part rebuild from the company who made the filter - obv if the shop have said that you were not the first person to bring them back then they are selling defective products...

the engine is fine i dont need a new one yet, my cg13 isnt rebuilt yet. doesnt seem to be any more smoke today tho, no performance loss, seems fine, just the smoke i used to get when i first started it up. All is good it seems

Back