engine dampers

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
since fitting the janspeed manifold, it's always bothered me that it's a rigid design, compared to the standard manifold which allows movement at the join to the down pipe. as such, i think the exhaust is trying to give under fast acceleration at the join in the manofold. i was thinking about fitting an engine damper to reduce the force the engine rocks back under sudden load. the only problem is that i can't find a specific k11 one. only ones i can really find are for civics etc.
does anyone know where i can find a k11 one? or should i just modify a civic one to fit?
any thoughts or advice is welcome.

as far as i know no-one in the uk or america make one for the k11

b crews make one but theyre expensive and in japan, just buy one for a civic and then make your own mounts up, pretty simple

Nismo engine mounts are another option.

but they work out quite costly, don't they?

just buy one for a civic and then make your own mounts up, pretty simple

that's what i though, the ones on ebay don't seem to have fitted pics, can anyone find any fitted on the civic for me?
cheers.

here's some pics of the b crews k11 damper from cisco's site. surely it would be mre efective above the rear engine mount?

Attachments

• blue-monster7.jpg
    blue-monster7.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 215
  • blue-monster8.jpg
    blue-monster8.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 240
i understand where your coming with this but has any had any problems with the manifolds snapping? Would it be easier to modify the exhaust with a knuckle flange and spring bolts??

It probaly could although not sure itll have quite the same effect! Dude just get one for a civic and modify it, if not i will on a rainy day!

First one for a s13.
click here
Second for a civic
click here

Worth a shot, just to see what difference it makes!

i understand where your coming with this but has any had any problems with the manifolds snapping? Would it be easier to modify the exhaust with a knuckle flange and spring bolts??

yes, the janspeeds are prone to the welds cracking, i thought about putting a flexi joint in the exhaust, that'd be easier still, but it'd rather not modify the manifold and dampers look cool :cool:

hmm might be interested in one for my k10 as the engine moves more than a k11 engine, but ive just realised that you cant bolt one on any where on a k10 so that scraps that idea

I hope someone can find a solution for this. I have the problem with my Maniflow Manifold, it's been rattling loose from the cat (I think, need to get under n have a proper look). The rattle started off at high revs (6,000+) now it rattles horrible just on idle. And at high revs I lose some back pressure and have the acceleration of Fiat 500 going uphill!!!

Back