• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

Embarking on a new adventure...

Hey there! I dont really know where to put this because its not a blog as-such yet as i need a little clarification!! but I want to see what people think of my plans so far, ok? here goes!
I baught a 1.0 silver 98 reg micra (its actually a March..) and so far I've;
Stripped the interior
Cleaned it up
Debadged it (At work on a boring sunday morning)
Added Wind deflectors
Added a NISMO Oil Cap
Added a HKS Super Reloaded Filter + Piping
Added a Carbon Effect Gear knob
Serviced it (OF, AF, FF, NGKs, Oil, Dizzy cap, Rotor etc)

I've done quite a bit so-far, The real questions on my mind are;
  • What performance gain does the 1.3 cams give?
  • Can I use the 1.3 ECU? if so what problems will I face except over fueling?
  • Would using the 1.3 Crank (lightened and Balanced) in a 1.0 give and problems/advantages or wont it fit?

Cheers.. I got a 1.3 engine + ecu + loom in the shop waiting to either be stripped of parts or to be dropped in (Y)

Thats cool! I'll get it all stripped down tomorow.. Any other ideas for abit more poke? the power to weight ratio is brilliant as it is (stripped out aanyway!) I had a guide to swapping the calipers etc from a pulsar to k11 but cant find it.. any ideas?

you just need some washers as packing, for the caliper upgrade eh, and there,s some info on my 1.0 piston and block, and 1.3 crank and rod engine build in my blog recently :grinning:

Cheers mate :) I build/drive/tune GTR, GTIR's, S13s n such so I've got used to POWER!!! I wanted to do a SR20DET 4wd Conversion but It'd be HELL of a task.. maybe once i'm happy with my CG10DE power! lol I'll check your blog now!

Look like a good plan so far (Y) What about looking at the exhaust system and what about a fuel presure regulator?

I want the GREDDY/TRUST exhaust but the price is like WHAAAA?!?
I've got a
T.B.O.Power Fuel Reg and a choice of 2.0 GTI-R or 2.6 RB26DETT Skyline R32 fuel pump.. with my 1.6 Almera injectors :p

also got to find my camera :(

Right So I decided against paying £300+ on a TRUST Exhaust especially when the company I work for is The midlands distributer for Raceland (netherlands) parts :) I was standing there staring at the exhuast stand which got me thinking.. I tried a few types on it, I settled on the Blast 44 exhaust..
This one!!
Reducer pipe and a Coded welder (My dad!) Its fully adjustable so "S'all gud blud"

Picture dont seem to wana work, so i took the

Yeahp and made a £325 proft ;)
All the 1.3 needs doin is MOTing becuase its just run out.. didnt veiw the car I just saw it, phoned the Insurance got a quote £975 Third Party, fire and theft (Booo!) which is cheaper than the 1.0 was WTF??? Phoned my mate with the words "You know how your daughter wanted a Micra..." :laugh: it ended with "£450 plus your truck for a day...?" and his reply "Yeah go'on then.."
Its done 114000 miles (The 1.3) but Nissans are Bulletproof Engines any way lol! plus I already have a ready-to-rock rebuilt 1.3 :p

Back