• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

A new beginning......

Mud flaps got an advisory? For what?

I think the advisory was because it was loose? I just took them all off. On another tangent, where's the best place to jack a K11 up from? When I took the wheels off the other day, I just jacked the car up on the chassis rails (I've done this before on another car, and crushed it, though!) Cheers for the replies, people ; )

I use the sill with the twisty jack, but I normally put a trolley jack under the lower arm joint. I always use axle stands where I can

yegbV.jpg

@ skymera: Is that item you've circled the "lower arm joint"? Or is that where you put the axle stands? (Sorry not very car-minded!) Cheers ; )

templar2k5 said:
@ skymera: Is that item you've circled the "lower arm joint"? Or is that where you put the axle stands? (Sorry not very car-minded!) Cheers ; )

That's where I stick the trolley jack.

I put the axle stands on the sills but there might be better places

Upon closer inspection that looks like the anti roll bar mount, the lower arm mount should be very close to it! Bad photo angle..

Just follow lower arm back and it'll be a big bolt

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Forum Runner

Just a little update. Today I've managed to respray the two other wheels, the other brake drum and resprayed (and lacquered this time!) the front grille. Next up, I've got to rebuild both rear wheel arches, repair the drivers side sill (an old repair that my Mum did on the car years ago - you had some mad skills, Mum!) and spray the bonnet. I'm running out of time, what with the weather turning bad now.........

Sorry to double post, but a very small update, I've got all four (refurb'd) wheels back on the car, now (One is a little shabby, but money's tight......) The repainted grille is also back on after getting some new nuts for it.

I've had a quick look at the front brakes, and the caliper bolts look a mess (Proper rusty, and nearly rounded off - someone's had a go at them before, methinks......) My mate who's got the car now knows a mechanic, so he said he'll get him to have a look at them.

I'm toying with respraying the petrol flap in satin black and put one of these on it, in lime green (My mate's a proper Transformers nut!)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Autobot-T...arParts_SM&hash=item4607c5ac95#ht_1419wt_1344

Is the petrol flap metal, though? (As I was going to use the Hammerite paint I'm using to spray the bonnet with)

Are the grilles black or green this time round? Can't wait to see the bonnet blacked, will really start to come together then! :)

The grille has been resprayed in black again, mate. This time I've put three coats of lacquer on it, though. And I'll spray the filler flap next week, then! (As it's metal)

Another quick update. I've managed to fill the two sills, and one wheel arch, today. I ran out of filler to do the bigger hole on the LHS rear arch, so will have to tackle it some other day (It will need to be done ASAP though, as the MOT's about three weeks away!

Another update:

AutobotsLogo_zps67f79df7.jpg

Me gusta! The spray job on the filler cap went a bit bandy, as the weather's just too cold now to get a good finish. Still, doesn't look too bad at a distance!

EDIT: On the repairs side, both sills have been undersealed and both of the rear arches have now been repaired and undersealed, as well (We now wait for the MOT on the 1st of November!)

Just talking to my mate, who now owns the Micra. We both agreed that is a shame we don't know anyone who has a garage we could use, so we could get the paintwork finished. Looks like we'll have to just lacquer the scratches, and then sort it out next year. Gutted : (

Why did you spray the wings an entirely different colour? I hope you are spraying the rest of the car that colour as it looks quite silly ATM!

Just another quick update. The car has always had a fault where if it's left for a couple of days, the battery would run flat. Turns out the battery's too small for the car, and the after market radio was draining the battery when idle. A new battery has been ordered and the radio has been dumped (Will be replaced soon) ;)

How are things going?

Sorry for the lack of updates, but due to the weather being so bad over the last few months, we've been unable to do any more work on the Micra. As it's now getting a bit warmer, we'll be looking to remedy this by starting on the bodywork in the next month, or so.

The funds to paint the car however, have dried up : (

What would be the cheapest way to paint the car? I have been looking at buying a cheap electric spray gun from ebay for £20, and buying some matte black and just gunning the whole car.

Maybe we could get some cheap matte black cans off of ebay (if any one knows of a decent stockist anywhere, please give us a shout) and "keying-in" the car and doing the lot in one colour (And one coat!)

Any ideas I would be most grateful : )

Back