fitting a new cambelt on the st

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
ok the gtti 1 dont fit lads as i stripped the whole lot down and taking that engine mount off was a nightmare grr but in the end i managed to do it anyway got it all stripped so i could see the cambelt that is a gates powergrip htd 5288-107x three quarters. im sure the 107 in this number means the ammount of teeth on the belt as before i thought it had 91 teeth same as 988cc micra and 1.0 march

i put the gtti belt on top of mine and after 4 teeth on the cam pulley the pitch on the teeth was running off.

so mine has been changed at some point. does anyone know what the service intervals are for the cambelt is it 60000 miles? as my car has done 56000 but been changed.

OP
OP
L

linz0577

Ex. Club Member
i have now found on ebay the replacement gates belt as is on my st. the sellers got 25 of them any 1 else want 1 under £20 delivered aswell. gates is a good make as cam belts go..

Baz

Ex. Club Member
i have now found on ebay the replacement gates belt as is on my st. the sellers got 25 of them any 1 else want 1 under £20 delivered aswell. gates is a good make as cam belts go..

I think one of the figaro dealers does genuine belts for cheap