EEP! help :(

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
hi all :)

as some of you may know my car was mangled by a motorcyclest grr
i thought it was all good cos it was his fault and the insurance should put my car to exactly how it was before the crash right?

anyway they phoned today to tell me my car was a write off. they don't yet know how much it would cost to repair it or how much the car is worth or what catagory of write off it is but they know its a write off..... great well done them grr

so they said i could have the car back and they would give me the market value of the car which would be about £1000 which isn't enough to repair the car otherwise they would repair the car... but thats no good for me cos that doesn't get me back to how i was... and with a grand i can't get a new car and kit it out like mine was because its not enough and i don't have the time to re do my car anyway...

what do i do? they admited that the idea of insurance was to get me back to how i was but they wont....

a nice MSC member recommended helphire who would fight for me but will i have to go to court to get what i want?

i think i'm going to loose out some how which i can't afford to do...

help :(

did you declare everything? if not it's an uphill battle, for example, if you mod a standard bumper you need to tell them and how much it costs to redo should you make a claim.

Insurers would sell their mothers if it meant getting out of paying a proper amount.

£1000 is a nice value to get compared to what some may get, it's the price we pay for getting our micras damaged

Good luck!

goldstar0011 said:
did you declare everything? if not it's an uphill battle, for example, if you mod a standard bumper you need to tell them and how much it costs to redo should you make a claim.

Insurers would sell their mothers if it meant getting out of paying a proper amount.

£1000 is a nice value to get compared to what some may get, it's the price we pay for getting our micras damaged

Good luck!

thanks mate, yep all mods declared thats why it costs £2750 a year fully comp!!

the car was perfect condition, no rust P reg with 27000 miles on the clock...

i know who evil insurance companies are, the other guys insurance tried to blame me even though the other guy said it was his fault...

fight it man! with everything you got!
you've put more than just your money into this car and you've been legal all the way!
ask them to send someone out to explain your £2750 a year fully comp insurance on a 1.3 micra if it doesn't cover everything!

goldstar0011 said:
fight it man! with everything you got!
you've put more than just your money into this car and you've been legal all the way!
ask them to send someone out to explain your £2750 a year fully comp insurance on a 1.3 micra if it doesn't cover everything!

:) exactly mate, thats what's ####ing me off, i do everything by the book and i get screwed over!

first of all i will have the car back no matter what if just for the engine if nothing else. and i will go as far as i have to to get the car repaired and hopfully some extra for dragging me through all this crap...

sonic said:
if worst comes to worst, you could take out a private prosecution for the loss of your property.

thats what i was thinking but the thing is i shouldn't have to... is this normally how insurance companies operate? do people normally have to sue their insurance companies when making a clame?

goldstar0011 said:
How bad is the car?

new door, wing mirror, wing, clear repeater, new alloy wheel, dent in the a piller and something wrong with the steering i think its a buckled con rod...

Attachments

• 07-06-06_0937.jpg
    07-06-06_0937.jpg
    273.1 KB · Views: 109
  • 08-06-06_1003.jpg
    08-06-06_1003.jpg
    341 KB · Views: 122
Got just the thing for that..........T-cut

sorry, couldn't help it

If not for A pillar and steering that would be an easy enough repair (ignoring colour matching)
You gonna repair car whether or not you get a proper payout?

goldstar0011 said:
Got just the thing for that..........T-cut

sorry, couldn't help it

If not for A pillar and steering that would be an easy enough repair (ignoring colour matching)
You gonna repair car whether or not you get a proper payout?

lol,

well i wanted it done pro seeing as i wasn't paying for it. i know what you mean tho its a quick fix apart from the a piller and the steering which is what i recon tipped it over to a write off...

i wanted to slip them a few bucks and get them to smooth the roof and repaters and door handles while they were at it but from the looks of it i wont have a few bucks lol

aawww man!
i'm really gutted!
sick of seeing nicely done cars that people put their heart into just get destroyed by someones carelessness and then for insureres to say here's £1000 cause it's a micra

from the pics it looks like it'll need a new A post, it is a structural part of the shell so for safetys sake it would be better than a repair on that one, would it be possible to re-shell it ?

Get a whiplash in there, that should bump you up another £1,500...
Also, i was in the same situation, i bought a galant for £1800 insured it at £1300 a year, and my micra was around £800 per year (wide arch micra).

Someone stole my galant, insurance payed out the value of the galant (£2300) but since i JUST took out the policy with them, they ordered that i pay the remainder of the year at £1300 before they would pay out. I got £1000 back...

I then had £1000 and a wide arch micra that was now £1750 to insure per year (THIRD PARTY ONLY) instead of £800... I shouldnt have claimed.

I lost £3000 due to someone stealing my car... if i diddnt claim i would have lost £1800

goldstar0011 said:
aawww man!
i'm really gutted!
sick of seeing nicely done cars that people put their heart into just get destroyed by someones carelessness and then for insureres to say here's £1000 cause it's a micra

thanks mate, :) like i said i WILL fight this and i WILL get the car back on the road :D i have yet to see the car with the new bumpers on and i have a custom number plate which says "NeX's Micra" at the bottom :D that has to go on the car :)

sonic said:
from the pics it looks like it'll need a new A post, it is a structural part of the shell so for safetys sake it would be better than a repair on that one, would it be possible to re-shell it ?

well i was hoping it wouldn't need it, its only a light dent and it might be able to pop it out again... if I re-shell the car then i still have to transfer over the stuff which i just don't have the space for... but i would be able to work out all my mistakes ;)

Dusk said:
Get a whiplash in there, that should bump you up another £1,500...
Also, i was in the same situation, i bought a galant for £1800 insured it at £1300 a year, and my micra was around £800 per year (wide arch micra).

Someone stole my galant, insurance payed out the value of the galant (£2300) but since i JUST took out the policy with them, they ordered that i pay the remainder of the year at £1300 before they would pay out. I got £1000 back...

I then had £1000 and a wide arch micra that was now £1750 to insure per year (THIRD PARTY ONLY) instead of £800... I shouldnt have claimed.

I lost £3000 due to someone stealing my car... if i diddnt claim i would have lost £1800

that is SOO harsh mate, i really hope that my insurace doesn't decide to take my no claims or something cos then i'm screwed

i don't want to screw over the guy who hit me cos he doesn't deserve it, i want to get back the thousands of pounds i have paid the isurance company

Screw over the guy, because if it was the other way around - he would screw over you - its not about being "an honest gentleman" anymore - its about working the system, and concerning yourself with noone else other than number one. I know it sounds harsh, but you will regret it one day when someone claims on you.. and all your left with is "what if's..."
Oh and you arent screwing over the guy, you are screwing over HIS car insurance company, he will loose his NCB nomatter how much his insurance company pay out.

You wont loose your NCB - he was at fault, however that doesnt count when your car is stolen... apparently :/

Dusk said:
Screw over the guy, because if it was the other way around - he would screw over you - its not about being "an honest gentleman" anymore - its about working the system, and concerning yourself with noone else other than number one. I know it sounds harsh, but you will regret it one day when someone claims on you.. and all your left with is "what if's..."
Oh and you arent screwing over the guy, you are screwing over HIS car insurance company, he will loose his NCB nomatter how much his insurance company pay out.

You wont loose your NCB - he was at fault, however that doesnt count when your car is stolen... apparently :/

thanks for that mate :) just gave them another call today and they said that the smart car i've been driving which THEY sorted out isn't actually insured!!! even thou they sorted it out i still have to call them and tell them so they can insure it WTF!!

They shouldnt of gave u a 1ltr... they are ment to give you something of the same size. Smart Cars suck, take it back and say its to small, and you need a bigger car :) Someone crashed into my mates 1.9 TD A3 so they gave him a 1.6 *brand new, 8miles on the clock* Astra. He phoned them back up and they would of changed it for a Focus Estate Diesel. :)

runaway-robot said:
They shouldnt of gave u a 1ltr... they are ment to give you something of the same size. Smart Cars suck, take it back and say its to small, and you need a bigger car :) Someone crashed into my mates 1.9 TD A3 so they gave him a 1.6 *brand new, 8miles on the clock* Astra. He phoned them back up and they would of changed it for a Focus Estate Diesel. :)

cool :D

i think smart cars are ok... a fiberglass, rear wheel drive, 600cc turbo motorbike engine....

but this is a smart ForFour!! it is the worst car ever!! worse than a renult modis!!

Back