ecu

people on here with 1.0 micras running the likes of 1.3 cams or 1.3 rods and crank or 1.3 injectors(if there not the same) etc etc,,what ecu do you use a 1.3 ecu or a 1.0 ecu

if you have a 1.0 engine with 1.3 rods crank cams and injectors its basically a 1.3 yea? except for valve sizes or port sizes i presume.

and is there anything on the engine thats coded to nats

for instance if i built a 1.0 engine with 1.3 internals etc would my 1.0 ecu(with nats) run it?

thakns in advance :)

the heads/valves and injectors are the same grevs, and nats wont be affected
and maybe a GA16 ecu is an option ? they appear not to run closed loop at full throttle :eek:,(1st graph)
and give a nice 14:1 mixture throughout unlike ours (2nd graph) that tend to go lean and waste power fwn
SDC11788.JPG

Attachments

• scanpics.jpg
    scanpics.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 233
  • SDC11788.JPG
    SDC11788.JPG
    269.4 KB · Views: 242
frank, on the topic on ecu's, are the 1.0L and the 1.3L pre-face lift model k11 ecu's exactly the same? as originally my car was a 1.0L now its a 1.3L and running a 1.0L ecu.. was thinking maybe the 1.3L ecu would have a specific software for its capacity i.e. for advanced timing and more fuel etc. also is there an alternative ecu from another model as mentioned Ga16 ecu make a difference in power??

cheers

j

frank, on the topic on ecu's, are the 1.0L and the 1.3L pre-face lift model k11 ecu's exactly the same? as originally my car was a 1.0L now its a 1.3L and running a 1.0L ecu.. was thinking maybe the 1.3L ecu would have a specific software for its capacity i.e. for advanced timing and more fuel etc. also is there an alternative ecu from another model as mentioned Ga16 ecu make a difference in power??

cheers

j

i,m reliably informed that the fuelmaps are very similar but the 1.0 ignition map has 5 deg of extra total advance J
and you can see by my dyno printout that it gained an extra 3 whp when the timing was retarded (but it then feels a bit hesitant lower down the revs)
i think our "Clean and Green" CG,s were programmed to run closed loop all the time, and the GA ecu may be a good option ?

i,m reliably informed that the fuelmaps are very similar but the 1.0 ignition map has 5 deg of extra total advance J
and you can see by my dyno printout that it gained an extra 3 whp when the timing was retarded (but it then feels a bit hesitant lower down the revs)
i think our "Clean and Green" CG,s were programmed to run closed loop all the time, and the GA ecu may be a good option ?

Hi Frank, thanks for your reply, on the GA ecu what difference would it make to performance, any ideas i.e. 0-60? also what GA ecu do you recommend and from what year model would it be from? is it a plug and play ecu, like would any mods need to be done at all? sorry for the questions, just want to be clear about this e.t.c.

Cheers

J

cheers

j

i,ve never tried one J, so i,ve no idea, some members have tho

Hi frank, these members who have tried the GA ecu, did they mention any good results?

cheers

j

Hi frank, these members who have tried the GA ecu, did they mention any good results?

cheers

j

you would have to search mate (good luck with this poxy search function on here tho :suspect:)
iirc kristian and mikey used one
but here,s a vid of mine going lean when i boot it (bouncing between .3v and .6v in closed loop for a few secs while i hold it at 1/2 revs, then off the scale lean when i floor it fwn its no wonder these k11,s melt a piston when boosted eh :eek: )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43kcC1-16LQ

I have a pre-fl 1.0 engine and il be goin with the 1.3 internals and cams,but my micra is a fl so the gearbox doesnt swap yea? and the drives are different too, if i wanted to put the pre-fl 1.0 into my fl would i need to swap drive shaft ends or maybe hubs?

if the GA ecu is a non-nats one, then i think you can alter a few of the pinouts (but i dont know which ones tho :p)

i can find out what excatly each pin does but im not too confident with ecus ive never actually done anything with one other than plug it out :laugh:

Back