ECU Swap

I currently have a 1997 1.0l K11 GX, will swapping the 1.0l ECU for the 1.3l ECU give me any gains? Will it mess with NATS? Car has induction kit and exhaust. Thanks :laugh:

If you have NATS then yes it will interfere. You'l most likely have to get your keys recoded for the new ECU

Okay thanks, didnt know if swapping for the 1.3 ecu would give more fuel and air mixture giving more power, but now thinking about it it would run too lean and be crap

If anything it'll lose power as the 1.3 runs less ignition than the 1.0 map. Fuelling will probably be similar as the car spends most of it's time in closed loop anyway, so they never make good power when modified. I'd stick with what you have :)

hu reprograms keys?

Mainly nissan, if you want to play with air fuel ratio your best getting a piggy back ecu and get it mapped to suit your car, this is normally done when people have put performance exhaust systems on, cams ect and also with a turbo setup

Mainly nissan, if you want to play with air fuel ratio your best getting a piggy back ecu and get it mapped to suit your car, this is normally done when people have put performance exhaust systems on, cams ect and also with a turbo setup

It's better to get Ed to re-map the standard ecu for NA setups, it'll fuel correctly which piggybacks cannot do on the K11's.

Back