nats to non nats ecu swap!!!

Swiper

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
if i swap my nats ecu to a non nats one on a facelift, would my speedo still work? as it's an electronic drive, the reading goes through the ecu, which determines vehicle speed. i know ollie has had his swapped, but his is pre-facelift with mechanical speedo drive.
does anybody know? thanks.

As far as I was aware pre-facelift micras did not have electronic speedos.

facelift CG13s had coilpacks

no it doesn't!!! that'd be a CGA3, as far as i'm aware they didn't do a coilpack CG13, but mine is a '98-2000 model.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as I was aware pre-facelift micras did not have electronic speedos.

if i swap my nats ecu to a non nats one on a facelift, would my speedo still work? as it's an electronic drive, the reading goes through the ecu, which determines vehicle speed. i know ollie has had his swapped, but his is pre-facelift with mechanical speedo drive.
does anybody know? thanks.

as said, mine is a '98 facelift with electronic speedo drive. i said pre-facelifts have mechanical speedo drives.

wont work dude pre facelift ecu's have a different pin out setup to facelift nats ecus.. and the CGA3 ECU is different again..

wont work dude pre facelift ecu's have a different pin out setup to facelift nats ecus.. and the CGA3 ECU is different again..

but i thought it was possible to swap the pins about? is so i was wondering if the speedo would still work?

you can swap the pins to get the engine to run but youd probly have to wire in the speedo i dont know how you would do that.. my guess is you would need the electric spedo drive, tarce the wiring to the ecu on yours so you know where it goes to, then do the same from the ecu to the speedo pins but then again there different pins on the back of the guage alot of work :S why you gona do it anyway dude?

i had the 1.3 engine put in mine awhile ago as it was a 1l car before hand. my old ecu was nats and the new 1 wasnt and when i put in the 1.3 ecu it wouldnt start at all so i had to use the 1l ecu which i am still using now :(

i've been running my other car which has been converted to 1.3 on a 1.0 ecu for best part of a year now. but it's possible to get the non nats ecu working on a pre-facelift k11, but just doubtful it works on a facelift, because of the eclectronic speedo drive.

If its possible I could do it (lol) can you send me a photo of your engine and one of your ecu?

mines a 1996 model, im just thinking of getting fast road cams and doing some othe engine mods then getting a remap think the engine was out of a 1994 model LX

think someone said to me that uve gotta change the whole wiring loom to get rid of nats completely, my

No they told you incorrectly. I charge £150 to do this (you must supply the correct non nats ecu) and usually takes a couple of hours.

i aint got the ecu anymore as the converson was done over a year and a half ago :( will changing the ecu make any difference to the performance and running of the car etc? if so i might be intrested in getting this done

if so how would i go about getting another ecu, will any 1.3 non nats ecu work? not too far from me, an hour and a halfs drive lol

Hello all, thought I'd post here instead of a new thread, seems good etiquette...

Anyway I've got a 96 Micra 1.3 distributor cga13 engine with what I gather Nat's 2 (key has a small red square, no buttons) and exhibiting Nat's shutdown. I do have a 93 Micra thats currently offroad with a non Nat's system, and read it can be swapped over, the ecu and loom I've read. How much of the loom as in all the way to the individual sensors do I need to go? Are there any connectors that need repinning? Or could I get away with plug and play?

Cars are currently 50 miles apart so can't exactly check easy just seeing if someone has the knowledge.

All help much appreciated, cheers!

Back