dual / twin Hitachi DCZ???

I did a search out of curiosity to see if anyone had discussed the pros / cons of lobbing another stock hitachi onto a custom manifold...and running a "twin hitachi" setup......but had no Joy

Has anyone looked at this in detail?

(hack, chop, slice..??)

Might give a better response i guess, but wouldnt making a better custom inlet manifold be a better way to go....

but then again if your adding 2 carbs, a custom manifold will have to be made anyway :)

you would have to go custom with the mani i woulda thought, there cheep but i doubt there will be much gain. would be easier to just stick a weber on the standard mani, probably why it hasnt been done before

Cheers guys!

I'm not proposing to do this mod...(sorry I should have said that in my original post)

....but I did wonder if it had been considered in depth or tried before with the hitachi?

I suppose the bit I'm really trying to get to is the pros versus the cons of moving from single to twin carb (on an inline 4).....(any carb like for like without changing the venturi sizes etc)....

It's probably a thick head question but I'm just starting to get an interest and wanting to learn more about this area of the internal combustion engine.

Ive done quite a bit of reserch last night on the net but I wondered if there was any first hand experience closer to home.

Curious about the theory / results / predictions.

the only advantage of those carbs is there cheap, with good reason.

can you eleborate on this Wrenchable?

May be a list of cons of the Hitachi from your point of view?

sammohung

twin carbs were popular on the old austins etc and gave more power eh
it gives a much more direct inlet tract but many had a balance pipe to help smooth the tickover
on the mini,s the jets and needle,s were almost the same size for single or twins
and with a 1342 firing order the intake pulses are,nt very evenly spread

the hitachi carbs, although well built and reliable arent good for performance applications.
the more popular su and weber carbs are better suited.

actually i've just sold off all my SU stuff, I had a pair of HS4's ready to rebuild and bolt on just for the hell of it- until I realised i just wasnt going to get time. never done it myself but have read up on them, but they seem easy enough to tune

I cant see why bolting another hitachi on wouldnt work, unless they are difficult to re-jet. you'd need two downdraught 2-into-1 fannymoulds though, could be tricky with all the crap hanging off the side of em.

if you wanna give it a try give me a shout, i've a whole plethora of K10 carbs and manifold in my garage, crying out for a good home!

I had two motorbikes, same engine block but one had ONE carb and the other 2 carbs.. The motor was a twin cylinder (cb250 1994). The one with the twin carb (all standard, no modding) was a bit quicker and a heck of a lot more smoother/responsive. so i think it would help.

Back