drum brake pads / bits

CMF_matttai

» CMF Member
hi guys, just needing to change out the rear brakes. Any idea what drum brake pads it uses?
Also i think the brake cylinder will also need to be changed with it too right? Any idea on part number? Cheers.

CMF_Mickb

» CMF Member
Virginia store, not on your side of town mate =)
Every other autobahn ive gone to has been a good waste of time..
Id assume every autobahn would have one of those books they rip out that have all serial numbers of **** in em.

Mickeybbb WROTE:

"Virginia store, not on your side of town mate =)<BR>Every other autobahn ive gone to has been a good waste of time..<BR>Id assume every autobahn would have one of those books they rip out that have all serial numbers of **** in em.

bahaha, might have to start takin a day trip ay.. one time they tried telling me that gt starlets never came out with rear disc brakes standard.. when there was mine and another one right next to it in the carpark.. nah mate, these brake shoes will fit for sure.. wtf.

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
God.. I just replaced my drum shoes and cylinders for the first time last weekend. I hated it :p Much prefer rotor + caliper.. anyhow it's all done. Got the bits needed off nsm on the forums here. One thing I would suggest doing is taking detailed pictures of all bits of the drum before you disassemble, or at the very least just completely do one at a time (so you can refer to the other side when doing one of them).

One of my cylinders had quite a bit of leaking in it so was good to replace it (rear right drum). Other had a bit but nowhere near as bad.

Was $40 for each cylinder and $50 odd for the shoes.. could do worse I guess :p

---dens

CMF_deNs

» CMF Member
Haha, glad to see i'm not the only one who disliked them :p

Do it once, and you won't have to do it again for a long time to come hopefully. One good thing about drums is the relatively maintenance-free factor that comes with them.

---dens

CMF_ukzmisr

» CMF Member
"i have to say, the micra drum set up is the worst designed ever. as a mechnic working on all kinds of car yeh. shocking and stupid.[/quote]

Just replaced my brake shoes in a 1999 micra a 1.3, never in my life have I seen such a crap design and something that usually takes me about an hour each side took me four hours and then the brakes are binding Even though the adjuster is fully in. Anyone any ideas as why they are binding.

CMF_fred

» CMF Member
this morning I looked at by rear brakes, damn leaking cylinders both sides!!!!! your right its a pain, you need 4 hands to make it all happen! not quite finished yet just gotta put that last top spring on.......grr they only lasted 170000km!!!!

CMF_frank2

» CMF Member
are you guys doin the brakes without taking the hub off ?.
coz it,s a lot easier with it out of the way.
and why did nissan cast the drums to a thickness of 19mm FFS !

Attachments

• 38014.jpg
    38014.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 46
Back