Rear brake drum problem

Hi all, giving my k11 bit of a service and check at the moment and have taken the rear wheels off to respray. Having removed the wheel and released the handbrake have noticed a tight spot when spinning the drum. Does anybody have any idea what is causing this? It is on the rear passenger side only (other drum is fine). Also where is the best place to buy a new drum if neccessary? Ebay varies but a place i found online (buycarparts uk) are charging 16 Squid a side? Seems very cheap? Your thoughts are always greatly appreciated!

Did you adjust handbrake and started with those clicky thingies behind the drums to make handbrake pull even? That sorts out most of it. Never saw a egg shaped drum though but the rest of the system is more likely to be responsible. Nissan FSM should help for measuring but I hardly see why

Did you adjust handbrake and started with those clicky thingies behind the drums to make handbrake pull even? That sorts out most of it. Never saw a egg shaped drum though but the rest of the system is more likely to be responsible. Nissan FSM should help for measuring but I hardly see why
Thanks for your reply i will take the drum off tomorrow and check before i buy.

If you don't feel pulsing through the pedal I'd not worry. It could just be a bit of corrosion on a spot, rather than the drum being out of round.

Watch the gauge for the rollers at the MOT test to see if the needle goes up and down. If it doesn't, you have no issue and you wasn't aware of it until now, so it hadn't been affecting you.

I am not being flippant as I realise the importance of brakes being top notch, I just don't think you have an issue.

You could take the drum off, spin it round and do the wheel nuts up on it, ensuring it's centred, then rig up a pointer with a wire coat hanger and position it so it's not quite touching the inside of the drum and spin it. If it's out of round you'll see the variation on the pointer.

If there's enough meat on the drum, someone with a lathe could skim the inside back to round or get new drums from your local motor factor.

Kirkynut

Thank you for your reply, i am giving the micra a sort of overhaul and service at the moment. I have to say that after respraying the drum cover (it was very rusty) the tight spot seems to have gone? perhaps it was dust? Anyway i think i will leave it for now.

Same opinion overhere on brake drums, should be slammable and if pad is good it should be a-okay,just the work on it can take some time but that is quality time