driving test help??

Simonh

Midlands Rep
just had a driving lesson...got my test on monday and to be honest im ####ting myself...i really dont think ill pass...my instructor always pressures me to make more observations in manouvers...any1 got any advice it wud be much appreciated :)

You're instructor wil train you to a higher standard than what is required, don't worry too much, if in doubt make observations and you can't go wrong. When you actually do your test it'll happen so fast it'll seem like nothing and you'll wonder what you were worried about.

If you fail you can always do it again but try not to cos it's getting expensive lol

Good luck btw

any tips or advice on what i should and shouldnt do??

Hopefully your instructor should have covered that, I failed for not leaving the correct distance (arround 1 metre) between my car and cars parked along the side of the road. Don't forget to keep your hands on the wheel after an emergency stop.

Don't fear if you fail, just book another one.Remember it is them watching you if u make a mistake.Try 2 not think of making a mistask.

Mate on my test, 10 seconds into it I was sweating like a fool, and on a left turn the rear wheel hit a kerb. The instructor told me to pull over and chill. On the dual carriage way a dust truck was collecting rubbish on my lane and I had to stop in the lane in fear of cutting the car behind me.

At a local road a little kid ran across the road and I had to do an emergency break. I passed with 7 minors..

The moral here is, just chill about it and you'll be fine. The 40-50 minutes will go real quick. Just keep it cool especially during manouvres and check the mirrors often and it'll be in the bag

Mate on my test, 10 seconds into it I was sweating like a fool, and on a left turn the rear wheel hit a kerb.

lol, that happened to me too. I did it just after a reverse around a corner about 2 mins in (which went fine) and I thought I'd failed, but the instructor said "don't worry it was a drain, carry on" lol, he was a pretty nice bloke. I think I passed with 7 minors too.

Anyway, once you've relaxed it all seems to be easier.

Just try and relax. Everyone gets nerves! I make a mistake on my test and thought i'd stuffed it up so relaxed a bit. That was my only mistake and passed with one minor. If you fail, you know what the test consists of so you'l relax for next time. Remember the basics and take a few seconds after they instruct you to compose yourself before you proceed. If you rush it, you'l make a stupid mistake

My instructor was a ****, and I thought I failed about 3 times, but at the end, I was so surprised to hear "congratulations, you've passed, with 7 minors."

I only just got my plastic license through today actually. I feel much better now. Something feels a bit dodgy driving around with a piece of paper saying I passed in the glovebox.

Just keep checking those mirrors, and take your time, but don't be afraid to put your foot down when needed.

Back