failed my test :(

Simonh

Midlands Rep
yep failed :(

1 minor for vehicle checks. i forgot about how to check if the handbrake is worn.

3 minors for control of footbrake...nervous..shaking.

1 minor for safety moving off.

1 minor for control when moving off....i think was when i basically booted it to avoid slowing down a lorry when i came out a junction..i should of waited but i didnt wana get put down for hesitation.

1 minor for mirros when changing speed

1 major for response to taffic signs...i read one wrong and ended up in thw wrong lane.

and 1 major for driving position. apparently i went into a buslane at some point but i dont recall that ...oh well gona get it rebooked soon because instructor says im at test standard i just made silly mistakes because i was too nervous because it was my first test.

Unlucky mate! :(

It happens but you will pass, most definatly on your next one as you wont be as nervous and you already know how the process goes

rebooked it just ...now gota wait till the 23rd of october :mad:

does anyone know how i can stay calm through my test?...thats the reason i failed..because of my nerves

i talked to the examiner...may seem strange but helped, which was just aswell as id been randomly chosen for the optional random testing they used to do. (dunno if its that same way now)

rebooked it just ...now gota wait till the 23rd of october :mad:

does anyone know how i can stay calm through my test?...thats the reason i failed..because of my nerves

Knowing how the test works next time will help a little, but i was a bag of nerves on all three driving tests. It was only when i made a mistake i relaxed, as i thought i'd failed, that was my only mistake and i passed. don't let little mistakes stress you out as you can have quiet a few and still pass.

All right, woman alert - I sat my test FIVE times.

Basically, the way I finally got through it (other than having already been driving for 5 years - I was a student and I kept running out of money to pay for lessons and tests!) was I sat in the car for the fifth time and thought, "B ugger this, I'm going to fail it AGAIN, I might as well just get on with it!"

I got one minor, and that was in the last 30 seconds of my test because he thought I pulled too sharply back into the test centre.

Funnily enough I got my current job in the same way - I had been through six interviews and was convinced I was just never going to get a job, so I was totally relaxed!

Um, I would say though, DO NOT enter your test convinced you are going to fail, hahaha! Just think, hey, does it really matter if I don't pass? I can just have another go!

Plus, apparently, people who fail their test a couple of times are better drivers. YESSS.

Sad to hear it mate, i got mine on the 21st october

i think u just gotta try and stay calm then hopefully you wont make any bad mistakes...

I passed on my third attempt, in the end i booked the test in a non local town, 20 miles away where i had never driven before. Turned out to be a much more relaxed test centre because they weren't always fully booked up, by relaxed i mean less stressed examiners not that they'd pass you easier.
Ended up getting into a good conversation with the examiner and not even worrying about the test, somehow passed, 3 minors.

I passed first time. I was nervous at first, but they died down the moment I sat in that drivers seat. I felt like I could pass though, and it had been a good day so far, so I was quite happy. Just book it again like you have, and keep practicing. You'll probably be a better driver then me, or anyone who passed first time at the end of the day.

I had the handbrake question. It's a real #####, because there's lots of different answers for it. I just said "If you have to pull it all the way up, and it still doesn't stop the car from rolling, then it's ######ed?"

Took me two attempts to pass mine so it can definately be a ######, thought my fail was quite harsh tho, the examiner thought i was passing to close to parked cars, i mean THOUGHT i was too close, he should bloody well know that i was to fail me! but hey ho!
I was told i should try taking rescue remedy to calm my nerves but the second time round i didnt need it, its definately easier the more you do it, although more expensive, and talking to the examiner does help too, mine started asking how much his tyres would cost if he came to me! lol! And i think thinking that id failed my second test because of a mistake i made helped cos i relaxed thinking sod it ive already failed but came out with 7 minors.
All i can say is i wish you all the best for the next one and that you will pass! Nerves can be a ###### but you know what the test conditions are like so you should hopefully be a bit more relaxed for the next one, and if you pass ill buy you an e-beer or two!

unlucky mate i failed stupidly first time on mirrors it then went on to take me five attempts all the advice i can give you is keep on going for it and don`t give up until you`ve passed also keep checking for cancelations as it can save you a couple of weeks waiting good luck for next time though

yes i think you have to ring the test center direct or something like that using this method i was having a test every 3-4 weeks when most people were waiting 6-8 week i will try and find more info for you

did you book online mate??

Knowing how the test works next time will help a little, but i was a bag of nerves on all three driving tests. It was only when i made a mistake i relaxed, as i thought i'd failed, that was my only mistake and i passed. don't let little mistakes stress you out as you can have quiet a few and still pass.

I was the same as arnold, I thought I got to close to parked cars early doors in my test and relaxed after that. My instructor advised that because of my nerves I should do the first test of the day so I couldn't get myself into a blind panic during the day.

Good luck on the retest.

Back