Driveshafts for sr20

Hi guys, I've noticed a few people chatting about sr20 conversions and basically i was wondering if any one knows of some unused driveshafts that have been made for the swap? Cutting and welding is possible i know, but dont really support the idea due to balance and strength. If not has anyone already done this conversion and have worked out and prooved a size?

Regards

If not has anyone already done this conversion and have worked out and prooved a size?

Regards

i guess they need to be hybrid shafts, sr one end and k11 the other end (unless you machine some sr hubs down like dave bull did :cool:)

Yea thats already done, looks like im guna have to fork out on some newens.

At least that will come with piece of mind and hopefully get them made abit cheaper through work.:wasntme:

Cheers anyway. (Y)

one option would be to, remove the SR outer CV and cut the spline off the end of the shaft (to the correct length obviously) then get the k11 spline machine-cut onto the end of the shaft (so that the k11 outer CV will fit on) :)

both ends fit into the gearbox/hub fine, i just need a shorter 2l shaft. I may cut down the middle, shorten each side, drill m8 dowel holes in the centre of each half, chamfer the edges a considerble amount then drill a tube to just 0.05 bigger than shaft dia with a slot in the middle, slide this on and weld through the slot and around the shaft. once joined i will fill the slot in and weld it to the shaft also. Sorry if thats not to clear. its abit of a job :doh:

ahh, i see, well good luck with drilling that carbon steel eh :eek:
a mate had one cut, then turned down to a pilot point/hole extension thingy, so that it would slot together and run dead true (i think thats the hard bit, and the actual weld should,nt be a problem) :)

hmm nice idea.... Drilling shouldnt be a problem as we work with some pritty hard matierials, s,s d2 ext. i may intergrate the pilot/hole extension thingy (Y) Not much left now, gotta fit the speedo 4 the digital dash, order my shocks from mph, fit the slimline 16" rad fan, anti roll bar for front, panhard rod 4 back, and finish off the brakes. Then ill write up a nice big blog for you guys. Looking for a jdm rear boot if you know where i could find one? fwn :laugh:

Back