Drivers Side Huge Water Leak...Help!

Morning all.

Started maybe a month back but when it rains we get huge amounts of water in the drivers side....can be up to half an inch between the front and rear seat.

The floor is solid and sealed .... maybe the tiniest of rust holes. The inner arch looks rock solid and so is the wing....fitted a replacement one last Summer.

It's not from the sun-rook and the radiator has lost zero water so unlikely be the heater.

I read an article on MSC about window leak and it could be that. But any other experiences and advice would be very welcome as always.

Cheers

Morning all.

Started maybe a month back but when it rains we get huge amounts of water in the drivers side....can be up to half an inch between the front and rear seat.

The floor is solid and sealed .... maybe the tiniest of rust holes. The inner arch looks rock solid and so is the wing....fitted a replacement one last Summer.

It's not from the sun-rook and the radiator has lost zero water so unlikely be the heater.

I read an article on MSC about window leak and it could be that. But any other experiences and advice would be very welcome as always.

Cheers

First places to look;

Windscreen seals.

Wiper arms stub outs & under scuttle panel drain hole/galleys plus seals condition.

Sunroof drains fully out of bottom sills @ both sides drain hole slots.

I have found the source of water leaking into my fan/heater box/footwell. I checked under the scuttle cover, below the windscreen, and sure enough the seals were completely rotten. Sealed it up with silicon & all ok.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Pic...AhWoAsAKHRI4DsYQ9QEILTAB#imgrc=S0cYM2kle6lA-M:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fi

Last edited:
First places to look;

Windscreen seals.

Wiper arms stub outs & under scuttle panel drain hole/galleys plus seals condition.

Sunroof drains fully out of bottom sills @ both sides drain hole slots.

I have found the source of water leaking into my fan/heater box/footwell. I checked under the scuttle cover, below the windscreen, and sure enough the seals were completely rotten. Sealed it up with silicon & all ok.

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic...client=firefox-b&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fi

Super stuff plmval.....yes that's a good work to list. And the link is also very useful, quite a lot of data in there on leaks and all makes good sense.

And for once it's double good as I also have an issue with a wiper system that does not return to home which I have to work through ... so that rare day, the problems all in the same area!

Will be doing all of those things you kindly suggested. Many thanks for taking the time. Will report back when done. Cheers

Mentioned elsewhere on other posts but many thanks plmval, the advice worked a treat ... won't know 100% till we back to British weather but it looks good....thanks again for the advice and the links

Super stuff plmval.....yes that's a good work to list. And the link is also very useful, quite a lot of data in there on leaks and all makes good sense.

And for once it's double good as I also have an issue with a wiper system that does not return to home which I have to work through ... so that rare day, the problems all in the same area!

Will be doing all of those things you kindly suggested. Many thanks for taking the time. Will report back when done. Cheers
Do you have a facelift or pre facelift? Probably wiper relay gone wrong if its a pre facelift, little blacl box beside the wiper motor on pass side of engine bay

Hi Liam, yes you already fixed this one :) .... think because it took me a while to get round to to doing it. Is the MK 1 and needed the larger relay assembly .... needless to say I found out the hard way but what the hell, it's a solid fix that worked well and the wrong one will be back on ebay shortly :) .... all the best

Hi Liam, yes you already fixed this one :) .... think because it took me a while to get round to to doing it. Is the MK 1 and needed the larger relay assembly .... needless to say I found out the hard way but what the hell, it's a solid fix that worked well and the wrong one will be back on ebay shortly :) .... all the best
Whoops, must have been a bit early in the morning for me to be making sense

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Mentioned elsewhere on other posts but many thanks plmval, the advice worked a treat ... won't know 100% till we back to British weather but it looks good....thanks again for the advice and the links
Thank you for the positive info feedback!:)

Back