Water drivers side

Hi
Desperate for some advice. My 2006 micra had started to smell damp so had a look under drivers side carpet and there was 2 inches of water across the whole drivers side floor. The door seals look fine. Anyone any ideas?

OP
OP
G
Also, the car had been to garage due to running badly (like missing). The diagnostic said front exhaust sensor, they replaced this but problem continued, went back in and they replaced maf sensor. Problem continued so went back to garage, they swapped the rear exhaust sensor from a scrap micra they had. It is running slightly better but not perfect. Engine light still on.

Hi, for the water in the footwells. Have you looked at the front firewall. usually this is the area that you will find items attached to and the seals may get perished or corroded such as rubber seals.
Not sure on the micra exactly what is in this area but i do know that the brake res is situated on the drive side at least in my case.
if you were to lift up the carpet or fold it back at the pedals and get a torch in you might be able to see the area where the water is dripping from other than this it could be entering in another location

Another thing to consider is to check under the wipers. Remove these and the faceplate. Then check that this area is clear and that the water runs off. so you know it does not stand in that area if its full of leaves and debris this can also cause damp inside the cabin.
I've not had this problem on mine but i did notice the other has had the top area blocked in summer.

OP
OP
G
Hi, for the water in the footwells. Have you looked at the front firewall. usually this is the area that you will find items attached to and the seals may get perished or corroded such as rubber seals.
Not sure on the micra exactly what is in this area but i do know that the brake res is situated on the drive side at least in my case.
if you were to lift up the carpet or fold it back at the pedals and get a torch in you might be able to see the area where the water is dripping from other than this it could be entering in another location

Another thing to consider is to check under the wipers. Remove these and the faceplate. Then check that this area is clear and that the water runs off. so you know it does not stand in that area if its full of leaves and debris this can also cause damp inside the cabin.
I've not had this problem on mine but i did notice the other has had the top area blocked in summer.

Okay so if you have not done so already check the scuttle panel remove the wiper blades might take a few moments to work it out its pretty simple though.
And what you need to look for is build up of dust like in a gutter or leaves trapping in the water if this is the case it could be the water standing that is the cause if not you need to keep looking for other areas that could be letting the water in below this area.
But this is a good first check point as it's one of the highest parts that might cause this other than.
Sunroof and or the wind screen and maybe in some cases the door seals.