Water leak on my k10!

Makrakin08

Ex. Club Member
i have a water leak on the pipe leading from the radiator into the engine block but its not the rubber piping its the metal piping and too me it looks like its rusted through! just a small leak but even at that im having to fill it up with watter every 2 days, any ideas of how easy this would be to fix or should i maybee wrap it before it goes for its mot?? Cheers

i have a water leak on the pipe leading from the radiator into the engine block but its not the rubber piping its the metal piping and too me it looks like its rusted through! just a small leak but even at that im having to fill it up with watter every 2 days, any ideas of how easy this would be to fix or should i maybee wrap it before it goes for its mot?? Cheers

Replace it with one from a scrappy,how's that for easy? if you leave it the way the car will overheat and blow a head gasket

yea but its the pipe leading into the actual engine block it doesnt look like it would come out withought taking the engine to peices :S

yea the bottom water pipe its under the manifold its like a metal pipe then it attaches onto a rubber pipe that leads to the radiator

That pulls out of the block, you have to undo the front engine mount, and disconnect the pipe from the metal pipe, then just pull hard, will come out with a bit of effort, then replace with another one from the scrappies or something, make sure you give the end going into the block a coat of silicon sealer stuff before putting it back in...

ahhh cheers very much mate, u wouldnt happen to have one sitting around sumwhere? there are 4 micras in the scrappys up this way that i know off and they dont have engines... lol ( manifold getting sent today? )

Yeh i think i might have one, but will have to have a look when i get home, and yes it will be when i also get home from work...

kool kool if u got one there could u sent it down with the manifold and all send ya cash in an envolope for it if theres one there??

Back