drink driving

danmicra

Ex. Club Member
not sure if is the right place, (if not could someone move it)

my mates just finshed his drink driving ban, but has to undergo a medical first, he know hes got to stay off the booze for a few months, but my question is how long? iv read in a few places 4 months and anothe place said a week!!?

when i was posting because this place could of sorted the worlds problems so if anyone could help us out, we would be very happy

cheers a mill

dan

I had an unfortunate drink driving ban, offense 2005, and conviction 2006, which still affects me now.

I was only 1mg over the limit, so I never had to any medicals, the best answer he will get is by phoning the DVLA and discussing it, they was great with me over explaining the process of re-applying for my license.

However, after nearly 4 years I can now insure a turbo micra for £801 :)

But I received no points, once he has a couple of years NCB his premium will be down, I recommend performance direct for insurance, as in my 2nd year with 1 year NCB I only paid £1100 but my first year was around £1600, but next year with 2year NCB would be £500 on a standard CG10 K11.

But it's important that the license stays otherwise clean, remember that if he was seriously over the limit, which is very likely true considering he needs a medical. IF he is arrested for ANY alcohol related offence, drunk and disorderly, or anything which involves alcohol, or he has it in him at the time of offence, they will take the license off him too.

All the best, he's not the only one to make a mistake.

Back