Dressed up steel wheels

So I painted my steel wheels with some paint i found at the back of my garage and put some stainless steel trim rings off a dolly sprint on them. I think they look awesome, better than alloys any day of the week.

dscf0783b.jpg

dscf0782g.jpg

Opinions?

They look nice shame the caps aren't chrome
I know a fella who works at a place where they chrome things properly, he's done a few little bits for a friend of mine for free so I guess that could be arranged if I wanted, not sure if I would like them chrome though, if I come across a spare one in the scrapyard I might try it.

Excellent.

I've chased a few sets of trim rings on the bay recently. They keep going too far for me though.
I got these fairly cheap because they had 40 years worth of curb damage and dents but with a bit of hammering, orbital sander and a buffing wheel you would never know. (Those pictures were before the buffing, they are much shinier now)

I also had to open out the inner diameter with an angle grinder to get them to fit over the middle of the micra wheels.

They look seriously cool. Imagine those banded for a bit of a stance (if you're lowered of course). They'd look super classy!

Those look great. This has inspired me to have a go at doing mine. Does anyone know if the centre cover in the picture fits the 14 inch steel wheel .

Steels can look awesome, mine look good with just a couple of coats of black. I agree the centre would look better chrome.

Tried to get some wheels and centre caps from the breakers but they scrap the wheels and couldn't find caps anywhere . Going to try polo ones, if they fit I will re-badge them.
Because they car is a jade green hue I think the colour has got to be White or a chrome silver.

You should be able to find those Nissan centre's on e-bay Dan, they fit over the wheel nuts, so it really doesn't matter what the wheel is like as long as the nuts can be clicked over by the clips on the centres. I even used mine with some alloys.

And since this thread has had a bump, lets have some more trim ring and steel action....

Photo0650.jpg

Photo0653.jpg

Got the polo centres today but they don't sit in the dish correctly . They stick out 10mm. Does anyone know of an alternative hub cap to fit Nissan wheel?

Last edited:
Back