Drainage holes

hi can some one tell me where the sun roof drainage holes are in good drescption, i got told it where you put the jack, as i stook curtain rail wire down the sun roof drainage roof, and one is full of mud, causing the blockage.

i need my car to smeel nice again, instead of stale moudly smell.

There are 2 pipes. The Pipes start from the Sunroof then they go inside the roof and down to the rear lights area as in photo.

P1190039.jpg

issnt there no drainage holes at the front

i mean there four holes around sun roof, i would of thought two at the rear, two at front

found the pipe pulled it out, didnt see blocked, can see water at the bottom , problem is i cant get to it, as it behind the wheel arch, sometimes i feel like pulling mr muscles un blockers down there

I think the front ones run down the A pillars, but i'm not sure where they come out. Behind the wing most likely

jc1234

i think the front ones drain into the sills, and if the drainholes in the sills are blocked, they,ll fill up and run into the footwells

well the passnger side one goes by where the old speaker goes near the feet, pulled the tube out, no leaks in the tube and not blocked, just where it drains is blocked, but i cant get access to it

is the drainge hole behind the wheel arch, dont really want to take that off.

jc1234

k11,s have about 6 slots along the back of the lower flange at the bottom of the sills (most cars have the same setup).
if yours has had sills welded on, there,s probably no slots, and you may have to resort to drilling some 2mm holes

wow, dont just go drilling holes, thats not what he is saying!

your better off getting a compressor with a tyre/blow gun on there and blowing down the hole which will clear the lines!

no need to do any thing else!

the k10 sills do become clogged aswelll but they are sloped to the B pillar

only reason a footwell will have water in (and its generally the passenger) is because the window seal normally rust at the bottom corner causing it to seep ni and run down the fireguard section of the bulkhead

its not the window seal, deffintaly the drainaged, and i cant find the holes,
the water sits in the sill and wont go down, can see it little dripping it from bottom of wheel arches, but its deffitenly the sun roof drainage, and i just trying to find the hole that i cant see

The drainage Holes along the edge of the Sills look like this:

P1190040.jpg

There are 2 Drainage Holes behind the Mud-flaps. Thin Black plastic.

thxs for that pic, found the lip and poke a blunt metal knife in there, after a few poking around, a flow of water came out, tested it out and couldnt see any water in passnger side or water sitting in sill, i saw all the water drip out, so now i am happy, and can finally put the power cable under the carpert and my carpert down. but should know till the real test when it chucks it down, just got to get the back dry, that sound dapening is a ###### for holding water, so i dont want to undo the seats, so probably open a little gap, squeashe as much then let it dry out eventually

nobody does till it happens then it can be pain in the ass when it soaks your carpet, now to get rid of the dampness smell. the offical/unoffical word is is you should check them every year.

i am just happy it didnt wreck the ecu which is under the passnger seat

If it did wreck the box under your passenger seat the only thing you'd notice is the car would stall everytime you put your headlights on lol. It just causes the car to idle at a higher speed when there is a high load on the battery

thats cool, well had headlights on yesterday and it seems fine, i will have to take for it jetwash, wash the car as well and it, cant be arse to get the hose out, espically since i left it on all last night, my grama wasnt happy.

i shall relax at the pub tonight, knowing if i see rain not to panick

Nice one!
Woohoo_emoticon_by_Xerceth.gif

yes your pretty cool for your picutre,

and yes it is hard when i type it, and i am using the the delate button

but i am happy and yes mirca 110 you are pretty very cool and save me a trip from expensive mechanics,

we;; life;s funny, rembear to eat cloud

Back