door wont open..

B14KLR

Ex. Club Member
any tips to get door open whilst causing minimal damge to the door? ive go the doorcard off and all rods to the latch assy removed, but when the new latch gets here i need to be able to open the door!
its stuck locked and really doesn't wanna budge.
any suggestions welcome, but crowbar is not an option!

hmm thats a hard one to be fair, have you had a good play around with the lock itself and connecting components?

i only way i think it can be done is by removeing the the wing and then remove the hinges and see what room that gives you to get in and try and free it?

Trace where the rod from the door lock fits onto the catch. Make sure it is in the unlocked position.

Find the part of the latch the door handles move. Try moving it. If its not going to play try 'persuading it with a big plain screwdriver and a bit of levering.

If its not going to move, try pouring boiling water slowly over it. Obviously you will need to rig up some sort of funnel. Pour it slowly, doesn't matter if its actually frozen or not, you want it all to expand and hopefully unjam.
Having a mate (a fat one's best) to shove against the door from the outside on and off helps too.

i like the hot water idea, messy and scalding as it sounds. ive pulled all the rods etc, open/close is working fine, but the lock/unlock wont come far enough to unlock without bending the assy. all up. think hammer and chisel to try and dismantle the lock may be best bet...was hoping someone on here had encountered the problem before!

is it the lock thats not moving with the key or is the actual hook on that latch that will not come away? as if you have put the child lock on?

the hook on the latch. i think i know what you mean by childlock,the open lever is working but because its stuck in the lock position its not actually engaging with anything

Back