Passenger door won't open from the outside?

Hello everyone,

Last week I bought my girl friend a 53 plate 1.4 SE, lovely little car but one problem we've found is that the passenger door won't always open from the outside. It'll open fine from the inside though, and sometimes if you lock and then unlock the car the outside handle will then work.

Does anyone know what could be causing it and how to resolve it?

I plan on taking the door card off tomorrow just to see if it's getting stuck and needs a lube too.

Thanks

Olly

Sounds to me like you're in anti hijack mode :p
Does your boot not open either?

Just stand near you car and hold both the lock and unlock buttons (at the same time) on your keyfob for a few seconds then try again ;)

Boot opens after two presses of the unlock button. Holding both lock and unlock even for 15 seconds doesn't have any affect. Passenger door still opens only occasionally.

Boot opens after two presses of the unlock button. Holding both lock and unlock even for 15 seconds doesn't have any affect. Passenger door still opens only occasionally.
I guess the lock mechanism must be sticking then, stick to your plans and get the grease out :D

Finally got chance to strip the door down yesterday, and it looks like the cable from the handle to the lock is stretched as there is a fair bit of slack and no way to adjust it to my knowledge as where the cable goes into the lock is sealed by plastic weld. So going to get another lock from the scrappers to fit to see if it resolves the issue and if not I'll dissect the original lock.

Back