door pins.

boyracergt

Ex. Club Member
just wondering the door hinge is knarkered on the project micra so wondering if 5 door door pins are the same as 3 door if so ill pull a door off the donor micra. also how do you get the pins/hats out and is it easiest to remove door completely and do it that way? thanks.

when i did it i removed the rod that stops the door going back too far, a friend held the door, removed the circlips from the pins and wacked them with a bar and hammer, bottom one is a pain, then the door will drop off, hence why you get someone hold the door :D

hey, i recently got 4 new pins off ebay - link(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-NISSA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e10598d5)

though we could not get any bushes as our local nissan dealer said that they didn't stock them?? so we just replaced the pins, one hinge at a time without removing the whole door, just supporting it with a jack. they got loads better but driver's side door has a tiny bit of play left. and ye i think 5 door and 3 door should be same: if someone could just verify this :grinning:

hey, i recently got 4 new pins off ebay - link(http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/GENUINE-NISSA...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item53e10598d5)

though we could not get any bushes as our local nissan dealer said that they didn't stock them?? so we just replaced the pins, one hinge at a time without removing the whole door, just supporting it with a jack. they got loads better but driver's side door has a tiny bit of play left. and ye i think 5 door and 3 door should be same: if someone could just verify this :grinning:

unfortunately can't verify that, but if there is some play and you cant find new hats (and do not have a CNC friend who could make them), just wrap a thin layer of teflon tape around the pins and then insert them.. worked for me, maybe a tin foil would be a good idea if the play is too big too

thanks mate, but it seems that the part of the hinge without the bush is a bit worn out, so to fix it, i guess a new hinge is needed. but its ok for now :grinning:

Back