Door Pins

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
My doors are a pain to close and shake a little when pulling off they have sunk! is this due to old door pins? and can you replace them easily or is a garage job, also rough prices?

cheers guys (Y)

hi,

my super s did exactly the same as this, also when high speed the door moves and shakes ;) in my experience this was the door pins, i managed to find some on ebay, you can get somone with a small hobby metalwork lathe to make them too ;) as i did on another of my k10's

Steve

there easy to replace, but to bey all the parts you need there quite expensive from nissan. but you can still get them.

its about finnished now, has been for a while, ive just been so busy with work ive hardly done anything in there yet lol. still not managed to catch you on msn yet, but i rarely go on there

its about finnished now, has been for a while, ive just been so busy with work ive hardly done anything in there yet lol. still not managed to catch you on msn yet, but i rarely go on there

no probs when you get the time and catch me online well talk :p

mine did that too. looks like you are going through all problems i had with my car, one at the time :D i believe it is the same with other old micras

the job itself is pretty easy.. you will need big flat screwdriver/metal rod and a hammer.. also pliers for removing small locks at the end of the pin - i dont know the exact name

each door has two hinges and one thingie between them - it locks open doors in few positions.. first you have to hammer out the small pin holding the middle thingie in place.. it is removed from top, so hit it gently from the bottom

then support the door from the bottom on both ends.. also prepare something from the outside of the door to support them.. for example a chair with something heavy on it.

remove aforementioned locks on pins and then gently with a help of screwdirver/rod hammer them out.. "big problem, big hammer" maybe you will have to adjust the supports to make it come out easier..

remove the door.. next step is checking, if the pins are worn heavily.. if not, your problem is in the "rings" sitting in hinges. you can hammer them out too.. good thing is that they are much easier to manufacture..

if you cant get a hold of new pins, it is possible to insert some kind of thin metal spacer between the two parts of the hinges.. of course, only as a temporary solution.

hope you understood :) it must be like listening to Vietnamese sellers trying to speak Slovak here

Back