door pins (4 door)

Are the door pins hard to replace, anything to watch out for?
my front doors have some play in them and it causes a bit of a clunk over rough roads.

The car is a K10 1.2 chic with no mods ( not even speakers!) 32,000 miles.

if VERY worn and corroded the bottom ones can be a serious pain to remove...:

the circlips can become rusted in

they become worn and a narrow neck is produced over the years where the pin goes through the bush...the weight of the door then makes shure the lip on a worn bin is bushed unter the bush sideways slightly so that the pin can not be withdrwan smothly upwards....then is then GLUED into place by corrosion over the years so the bin becomes rusted into the 'locked-in' position.

to free up mine I had to raise the car about a foot so that I could get a good hammer swing upwards from the floor to get the bottom pin out...I also needed a makeshift 'drift' to put against teh bottom of the pin so that the 'drift' waspoking out the bottom of the doorway.....(there is no room for a decent sized hammer in the area next to the hinge.....

after MANY upwards and downwards whacks.and tonnes of penetrating LUBE I started to see a tiny bit of movement....the rest is history...job done

the bushed were replaced aswell

compare this night mare with mu opther K10...the door pins plopped straight out by hand after removing the circlips

hope this is usefull

Back